Author Topic: help please  (Read 13840 times)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: help please
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 08:07:40 am »
Does the other puppy show the same behaviours (i think i remember your sister took her)?

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 06:40:41 am »
Q1 : I picker her up
Q2 : No

I don't know. She is finally 10 weeks old, so her first vet appt is today. I am gonna take her there and tell the vet what she has been doing and see what she says. I think that I might have hurt her when I picked her up, but I really don't think so. Maybe though - I don't know. I started training with her and she is doing really well with that though, so that is a good thing. She walks with me with no leash and doesn't run off, she "comes" and "sits".
So, I'll post when I get back from the vets.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 07:21:18 am »
A lot of it could be because she was taken from her mom so early and did get that opportunity to learn from her. But hopefully the vet will give you more info.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 05:54:45 am »
Welp not a whole lot.
She weighs 18lbs, they told me if she really has wolf in her that they can't touch her (so they whited that part out), he said he could see alot of the Rott features though and tried to warn me that she was gonna be a pretty good sized dog.
He told me anytime she is biting and I want her to stop to walk away or if she starts playing aggresively to just walk away from her.
He also gave me the name of a very good trainer in this area - so I may go ahead and see what that will cost me, cause Felony could still use a little work too!
Other than that, he says that she is a normal healthy puppy and her temperment seems good.
So...I am back to play A of just going with the flow of things!

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 11:29:13 pm »
thank you

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 12:24:41 pm »
UPDATE: Ok, My sister in law is having some issues with her puppy, but just the nipping issue.
My hubby finally got fed up with Tehya here and gave her away (yes, I cried) - but it was one of his workers that took her, she is right down the street, so if I wanted to, I can go visit whenever I want. She has a huge fenced in yard to play in and they haven't had any issues with her.
I really really really miss her!!! But they say she is doing very well, so I am happy for her...

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 08:11:36 am »
UPDATE:  I am so upset. I found out today that Tehya had some issues with her kidneys and she passed away last night from kidney failure. The guy who had her racked up a couple thousand dollars in vet bills, so I know that he was at least trying to deal with the issue. His kids are crushed though and I feel so bad!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 08:21:59 am »
poor baby / kids!  so sorry to hear the news, that's so tragic.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 11:03:42 am »
Oh i am so sorry to hear that.... :'(
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 08:23:38 am »
I'm so sorry, how sad for the family that adopted her to have her for such a short time.

Is your sister going to check on her pup to make sure her dog is healthy and doesn't have the same problem?