Author Topic: Any negative experiences with the furminator???  (Read 5086 times)

DenverFurKiddos

Any negative experiences with the furminator???
« on: March 18, 2007, 03:36:21 am »
Hello all!

I've heard such great things about the furminator on this board.  However, I recently spoke with a woman who has worked with newfies for years,who stated that the furminator will RUIN their coats!  I do think I may have been a little over zealous the first time I used it because Winston started itching like crazy afterwards!!!!

What are your thoughts???  Any negative experiences???  Thanks!!!!

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
Re: Any negative experiences with the furminator???
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:56:14 am »
I haven't tried the furminator but the Mars Coat King will absolutely destroy a Pyrenees coat!

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 02:32:41 am »
I just purchased one last week. Although I do not have a newfie I used it on our rotti. It was amazing ... he looks so much better and even smells better too. I found it made his outer coat very smooth and shiny :o The only negative thing I found was in his old age he has a few skin tags and I did catch a few and made them bleed :'(

Offline malsam

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 09:30:41 pm »
i was toying with getting one of this for my 2 sammies as well as my current technique gives me backbreaking sessions weekly. But I tried various tools like slickers, greyhound etc and find that only the pin brush let the loose hair out nicely without getting the extra out.

I believe if u r not showing your dog or are more concern about the hotspots then lost of coat, then the furminator will be just one of those tools that eases the owner's back as well as time.