Author Topic: Mastectomy Bill in Congress!  (Read 1800 times)

Offline fila4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Mastectomy Bill in Congress!
« on: March 22, 2007, 02:59:00 pm »
Mastectomy Hospital Bill in Congress
A mastectomy is when a woman's breast is removed in order to remove cancerous breast cells/tissue.  If you know anyone who has had a mastectomy, you may know that there is a lot of discomfort and pain afterwards.   Insurance companies are trying to make mastectomies an outpatient procedure.  Let's give women the chance to recover properly in the hospital for 2 days after surgery.

Mastectomy  Bill in Congress

It takes 2 seconds to  do this and is very important... please take the time and do it really  quick!

Breast Cancer Hospitalizatio n Bill - Important legislation for all women.

Please send this to everyone in your address book. If there was ever a time when our voices and choices should be heard, this is one of those times.   If you're receiving this, it's because I think you will take the 30 seconds to go to vote on this issue and send it on to others you know who will do the same.

There's a bill called the Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act which will require insurance companies to cover a minimum 48-hour hospital stay for patients undergoing a mastectomy.   It's about eliminating the "drive-through mastectomy" where women are forced to go home just a few hours after surgery y, against the wishes of their  doctor, still groggy from anesthesia and sometimes with drainage tubes still  attached.

Lifetime Television has put this bill on their web page with a petition drive to show your support.   Last year over half the House signed on.

PLEASE!! Sign the petition by clicking on the web site above.   You need not give more than your name and zip code number. 

This takes about 2 seconds.  PLEASE PASS THIS ON to  your friends and family, and on behalf of all women, THANKS.   
http://www.lifetimetv.com/health/breast_mastectomy_pledge.html   

Tammy
Chynna-APBT 8 1/2 yrs
Bo-Husky mix 11 1/2 yrs
Gracie-Argentine Dogo 10yrs
Dutchess-Eng. Springer RIP
Jordan-Eng. Springer RIP
Icca-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Jezzabelle-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Paco-Argentine Dogo RIP
Falcon-Argentine Dogo RIP

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
Re: Mastectomy Bill in Congress!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 03:35:45 pm »
I just signed it.  Thanks for posting this I had no idea about this bill.  There is a lady that my mom goes to church with that is going through this exact thing right now.  She was allowed to stay in the hospital for one day instead of the three that her doctor wanted her too.  I will pass this around to everyone that I know and have them sign it too.  Thanks again

Carrie
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Offline fila4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 03:40:38 pm »
You are very welcome Carrie and thank you!

I went through this with my mom! I was very lucky I didn't go to jail with the ruckus I caused in the hospital when they told us she was being discharged 6 hrs after surgery. If her Dr. had not been there I probably would have!
Tammy
Chynna-APBT 8 1/2 yrs
Bo-Husky mix 11 1/2 yrs
Gracie-Argentine Dogo 10yrs
Dutchess-Eng. Springer RIP
Jordan-Eng. Springer RIP
Icca-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Jezzabelle-Fila Brasileiro RIP
Paco-Argentine Dogo RIP
Falcon-Argentine Dogo RIP

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 03:53:41 pm »
thats utterly outrageous.  it must have been a man who brought this one up, because a woman would know better!  (no offense guys!) btw, i signed.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 03:57:09 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 02:56:13 am »
Ah, yes..I was forwarded that many months ago and signed. It's awful, thanks for posting.