Author Topic: Dominance Behavior  (Read 4250 times)

lorim2

Dominance Behavior
« on: March 26, 2007, 07:41:29 am »
Hey guys...We take our babies out all the time...Sometim es to the park to walk or for a ride in the car and always to Petsmart for whatever reason.  Everyone knows us and our furkids by name because we are there so much.  Lately though Mr Marley does the whole "I am biggest and baddest boy around" bit with every dog he comes in contact with.  Although some ppl recognize it for what it is, alot of ppl are really scared and grab their animals up and run...which is really not fun for us.  Marley is like "where did they go?"  What can I do to deter this behavior?  Marley gets alot of attention where ever we go because of his size but I sure dont want ppl to start saying theres that "Mean Mastiff".  You guys are the best and I know you can give me some good advice.  Its not like my animals arent socialized, but Marley is acting like a unsocialized beast!  haha.sorry for the long post :(

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Dominance Behavior
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 07:43:02 am »
it might help some if you take him for a long walk before you go somewhere.  that way he doesn't have so much pent up energy where he is bounding off the walls when you see someone.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 01:27:51 pm »
Gee, I know how to fix it, but first you have to send Marley to me! ;)

Weedsport, NY

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 05:50:21 am »
Gee, I know how to fix it, but first you have to send Marley to me! ;)
Haha...I would absolutely die without my wubbiekins!!  I guess we will just be the mean ole mastiff!  He is a sweetheart really!  Thanks