Author Topic: I think they're finally feeling better  (Read 2793 times)

mama23+pyrs2

I think they're finally feeling better
« on: March 27, 2007, 07:56:16 am »
Thanks for everyone's advice on my pups long term loose poop issue.  I did yard clean up the other day (after it had been several days) and was very pleased lol, gross I know but I was much happier picking up. ;)  They both just went out and I watched and checked and they were both very normal, thank GOD!  Eventhough Yukon pooped 3 times, he does really go alot, I can't be too picky. :P

They have been back to eating their porkhide rolls for awhile, I could only keep them away for 1 day before they needed something to entertain them and they've done fine. I'm 99% sure it was the Solid Gold, because once I fed straight Canidae there was a marked improvement. Anyway, I'm happy they are doing better.

I'm still thinking of switching to Innova since their Canidae is almost gone and I found where they sell it close by.  If I decide to switch I'll update on how they do on it, it should be interesting to say the least. :o

Anakalia

Re: I think they're finally feeling better
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 04:36:20 pm »
YAY!!! I'm happy to hear their poos are better! Koby had digestive issues for over a year, I know how frustrating it can be! lol  Innova is a great food if you do switch I'm sure they'll do fine.    ;D

mama23+pyrs2

Re: I think they're finally feeling better
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 02:34:28 am »

Yahhhh....we always celebrate good pupper poops! LOL ;)  If you do switch again, maybe do it slower (mixing 1/4,1/2, 3/4 then full) new food over a week or so.  Solid Gold can be quite rich, but sometimes it just comes down to letting the bacterial colonies in the gut and intestine adjust.

You can't go wrong with either of those foods!! I haven't used Innova - as much as I would LOVE to try it on Rucky he seems sensitive to mixed proteins (that's why I took him off Canidae, so Innova would probably be the same for him)...and Balu has been on Canidae forever and does fantastic on it even at the ripe old age of 13 yrs!
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm thinking the Solid Gold was too rich for some reason, who knows, I know plenty of dogs do great on it and I still think it's a great food.  The Canidae they are on is the new lamb and rice one, so far so good but I keep hearing so many good things about Innova, I may try it and go slower like you say.  I know the Canidae is very high calorie, and it looks like Innova is a bit higher, but I think Yiska could stand to gain a little still.