Author Topic: I'm Not THAT Dirty!!!!!  (Read 6435 times)

Offline Saint Pyr

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
I'm Not THAT Dirty!!!!!
« on: March 28, 2007, 04:38:43 pm »
I think Otis aka the Swiffer has now graduated to Pigpen!!

What I was greeted to today when i got home  :D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 04:40:02 pm by Saint Pyr »
I hope to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Not THAT Dirty!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 04:41:54 pm »
WOW! I guess if you're gonna do something, you might as well do it right!  Before Bella, I've never owned a dog with white fur anywhere, so I can sort of feel your pain! Everytime I look at Bella, I long for her cream/tan fur to be white again! :D  My in-laws have a pure white dog that their son decided to color with marker once. Crombie was green and orange. LMAO, I did! 
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline Saint Pyr

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 04:45:24 pm »
The great thing that I will say about Otis is that no matter how dirty he gets (and this is definately the dirtiest so far  :D, once he drys off the grime just falls off  8).  He is now back to his off white colour with no help from me  ;D.  I have come to the conclusion that he will never be white again so i can live with off white, heck he is having so much fun and bringing so much joy how can you get mad about some dirt  ;D LOL
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 04:47:06 pm by Saint Pyr »

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 04:56:41 am »
Me too! Bella definitely gets "cleaner" as she dries out, but the whiteness of her fur never fully returns to white unless I bathe her.  My breeder had this special shampoo for hte white fur to "restore" the color (or absence of I suppose).  I am not quite that obsessive since I will never show Bella, but I love, love, love it when she's all purdy and white. :) Of course between her and the boys, they can get dirty in less than 20 minutes anyway. :D
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 05:05:02 am »
OMG I can't beleive I missed this!  I love puppy pics!  It doesn't matter if he's bright white or muddy, he's toooo cute! hahaha Love that last pic of him.  ;D

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 06:38:27 am »
HAHAHA, new pics of Otis yay!!!  What a cutie, his face has really matured!!  Oh how they love to get dirty, I'm slowly learning to accept it. :-X  I do like that the dirt falls off, it comes in handy. The other night mine did that, tho not to such a degreee, lol and the next day it just looked like someone dumped a bunch of dry dirt in their crate and tada! they were *mostly* presentable again. ;D

Offline Saint Pyr

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 07:54:36 am »
By the time it was time for bed last night all the dirt was gone and he was just his normal off white colour.  Gotta love their coats for that, low maintenance if you can handle looking at beige instead of white  :D.  I really need to rename this boy Swiffer for all the stuff he gets attached to him  ;D

. My breeder had this special shampoo for hte white fur to "restore" the color (or absence of I suppose). I am not quite that obsessive since I will never show Bella, but I love, love, love it when she's all purdy and white. :)
Sounds like I need some of that shampoo even thou he won't get a bath that often  ;).  Actually I have shampoo like that for our white horse.  Wonder if that would work on Otis??  :D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 07:55:05 am by Saint Pyr »

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 05:20:22 am »
Awwww, what a sight to come home to. Thankfully Rosie's black fur hides everything, so if she's gotten herself 'dusty', we're ignorant of it. Although you know it's time to bathe her when you feel like your hands have a layer of dust on them after you pet her.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 12:24:26 am »
He is too sweet....but you would be surprised what a comb and slicker brush can do for a pyr coat. I have 3 pyrs from 5 to 14 weeks and they all love to dig big holes in the yard and lie in them. It's very hard trynig to keep them white just before going into the show ring. But I truly believe that getting very dirty is in the breed just to frustrate the moms and dads. LOL

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 12:47:04 am »
oh he wants you to go play in the mud with him i can tell. it looks fun. those pics are too cute.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 01:01:24 am »
HAHAHA!  Too cute!!  What a dirty little pupper!  How could you possibly be angry when you look at a sight like that!  I'd be too busy laughing my head off!

Kind of reminds me of Sierra after she decided she was going to help us plant flowers!  She was having the time of her life rolling in the dirt, playing with the weeds we pulled and digging.  We did actually use some of her holes!  Now she plows right through the flower beds and destroys them.  LOL!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 01:04:50 am »
HEHEh what a little stinker. I had a white  husky and boy oh boy  I  think  she owuld only  be nice and purdy  whit  for  5 minutes  then  she would go  roll in the  dirt.  Zeus is the same way  but he isnt  white lol  HE is  allways getting in to mud.
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Diego

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 07:29:21 pm »
aaawww that is just tooo cute...my border collie gets just like that & every time I see his beautiful white mane filthy I wonder if he'll ever be white again...the mud falls off after he dries also
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.... .Anatole France

Willow-black lab
Scrappy-terrier mix
Harley-borde collie
Katie-corgi/hound
Zipper-italian greyhound
Diego-pyr-mix
Lil-fat cat
Rocket-cat
Beep-african grey
Simon-conure
Charlie-bird
Blizzard-rabbi

Offline MarleyPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Marley - Pyr & Jasmin - BMD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 01:09:45 pm »
ha ha...you're lucky... we built our house last year and didn't have a lot of grown grass come late spring... this is what I dealt with daily!
Carolyn
1 Great Pyr 2yrs
1 Berner pup

Casselman,Ontario
Canada