Author Topic: And along came RION  (Read 7486 times)

Offline Rugby and Kona mum

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • BLOG
And along came RION
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:10:32 am »
Hello all, I have been a little awol. Rugby and I have been hunting for a big brother and finally I go the call last Friday. With help from the Michigan Rottweiler Rescue (arlene) I found one.  I drove 5 hours down to Michigan to adopt an 18 month old stray that no one would touch b/c he was going blind!

Well I walked around the corner of the Shelter and there is saw the most gorgeous gentle beast I have laid eyes on.In a 1/2 second i knew that I wanted him. RION (new name) came home with me to Canada where he has made himself at home. We have been adjusting to his bumping into things and Rugby is the best lil helper and helps guide him around.

Here a few pics of the new man in mine and Rugby's life!

and yes i am that geeky proud new mom!
Let me be the person my dog thinks I am

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: And along came RION
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 05:17:56 am »
what a cutie!!  do you know what's causing him to go blind?  that wouldn't be enough to keep me from kidnapping him, i LOVE him!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 05:25:31 am »
He's a gorgeous boy.  I'm in love.  Congrats on your new addition. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 05:26:33 am »
awwww welcome home Rion!
Congrats on you newest addition! He sure is one handsome boy!

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 06:08:55 am »
Awww he's sooo cute!  I'm so glad he's fitting in nicely, and you're wonderful for adopting him, congrats!

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 06:25:13 am »
Yes you are a geeky new Mum, but he IS a BIG cutie. Phelan is almost over his cold, no coughing or sneezing today and lots of energy, so they can play soon ;)

k2campbell

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 06:25:54 am »
Aw, RION is beautiful! CONGRATS on adopting him, and bless your heart for doing so  ;) He looks really happy and is such a looker! I'm sure him and Rugby will be in love in no time  :)

Where in Canada are you? I'm a fellow Canadian myself, I live in Alberta  ;D

Offline Rugby and Kona mum

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • BLOG
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 09:32:17 am »
I'm in Kitchener Ontario. Little bit far from Alberta :)

Rion is going blind due to cataracts and also the vet said that his optic nerve or cranial nerve (one of the two) is not sending the messages to his brain. I will get him further tested but he seems to be coping well.The vets thinks b/c he is so calm and adapts very quickly that he has been this way since very early on in his life. Any suggestions from other blind dog owners is always welcome!
Let me be the person my dog thinks I am

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 05:46:52 pm »
I like the new photos, you can totally see his big melon versus his skinny body in the first one but he still manages to be ever so handsome. I'm outing Rugby, cuz it's too cute not too.....Rugby was raised to be a Guide Dog, so now she gets her chance :-*

And it's very hard to type with a Bullmastiff in your lap ;D

Offline Ma-Is-Pa

• Gnawer
  • Fal-o-Fluff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 11:56:11 pm »
He's a gorgeous boy.  I'm in love.  Congrats on your new addition. 

He's gorgeous!  Who could turn down such a special boy..Congratul ations!  Good Luck with him..I have no doubt you will enjoy every second.

and couldn't help but comment on your feisty Mali-gator picture Kathryn..I notice you have more than one.  My Shepherds love the water hose also.  If I forget to put it up they dart for the back of the house and bring it to me when I let them out at 5 in the morning. lol!
~Kitty Kat and..
Maxie Mouse!
Isa Piecy!
Payla Roo!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 01:46:11 pm »
Congrats on the new addition.
He is very handsome and looks to be a happy fellow.