Author Topic: Looks like I'll be joining Tiny Tracks sooner than I thought..  (Read 6496 times)

Lyn

For those not familar with the original 'story' read here.. http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,16544.0.html

Now for the update, lol.

We have been introducing Lola to little dogs since my father had first mentioned wanting a Pug. The first introduction was with the Boston Terrier that I mentioned in my eariler post. Since then we moved on to different breeds, male and female, dominant and submissive. She did amazing. The size difference I think is what's made the huge difference. She was much more playful/gentle with the submissive dogs/pups.

So the trainer told us to select a submissive laid back female and let Lola meet her when she's ready to leave her mommy. This has all progressed ALOT faster than I expected it to. Luckily my father wanted a little dog.. because any dog Lola's size or bigger trigger the beast in her still now. :(

So I called same breeder back and talked with them. The pup my father originally picked turns out to be the most dominant girl in the litter. DOH! BUT they do have a chill laid back female that isn't spoken for. So we went up there and OMG! she is the cutest darn thing. haahhaa Even my hubby who really isn't a little dog person likes her. :D So at the moment we have decided to share custody of her. LMAO

Here's a couple pics. The first one is the entire litter, she's the one chilled out laying on her back. haha Second pic is of me holding her.  :)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Looks like I'll be joining Tiny Tracks sooner than I thought..
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 04:00:07 pm »
I'm not a small dog person either, but i do have a thing for squishy faces and she is pretty cute!!

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 04:04:37 pm »
OH MY she is too darn cute!!!!!! I am really wanting a small breed dog soooooooo bad. You will have lots of fun with her I am sure!! Im glad everything worked out so well  :)

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 11:42:48 pm »
OMG !!!!! She is sssooo cute I love Pugs.. and Bostons..and Frenchies..and CC..and Chi... the list doesn't stop for me really  ;D Glad to hear Lola is being a good girl, my offer still stands if ya ever need a dog sitter  ;)
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 01:48:20 am »
I want a small dog too.  My boyfriend say's they are too much like kitty cat's. Boo.  Oh I'll have one alright.  Hopefully he/she will be as precious as this little girl too. 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 01:52:31 am »
OMG she's so adorable!  That first pic is toooo cute!  ;D

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 02:16:03 am »
OMG - could she be ANY cuter?!  I think not!
I am so glad Lola is doing well with the little ones!

Lyn

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 02:48:01 am »
I forgot a pic.. She's snuggled up with my hubby in this one.

We have about 4 weeks before she can come home. And let me tell you, I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. :D

Now we need name suggestions. ;) Something short and sweet.. and not too difficult to say. I don't know if I've mentioned it before or not, but my father is deaf, and his speech has been affected so certain words sometimes don't come out sounding right. He can say Bubba and Lola and they sound normal-ish, but certain letter combo's don't come out right. So I need to make a list of names and go over them with him.

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 03:04:13 am »
OMG that does it I NEED a pug !!!! Thanks Lyn I'm sure my hubby is going to LLLLLove you hahaha  ;)

Penny?
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 04:15:17 am »
Ruby is a cute small dog name...the cuddling picture is ridiculous :-*

Offline rayray

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Me and Onyx
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 10:04:09 am »
what about Bebe?  it's pronouced bae bae like baby....i think it's cute...it's also the name of a couture clothing line....
My new GSD! He doesn't have a name yet... :/

Onyx: Black German Shepherd - her myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/onyxroxdablox

Sparky: Black and White Shih-Tzu (he likes to play with the big doggies!) his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sparkyboyrox

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 11:22:03 am »
Oh my, she is adorable!  Something about those pug faces that always get me.

The best name I've ever heard for a pug was Grape.  Not that you name her that, but I thought it was funny. The daughter named her, and she had those buggy eyes that reminded me of grapes........ ....lol.

How about Bella?  Rose? 

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 02:26:50 pm »
I love Bostons and Pugs are cuties also.  Although I've had 3 BT but never had a pug.  She is one cute puppy!  I love the little bug eyes and the smooshed faces.  I also love when they start snorting that makes me laugh everytime.  Anyway, my favorite name was the one for my last BT, Marty.  She was named after Marty Feldman for the bug eyes. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Lyn

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 03:37:52 am »
I don't think we have ever had such a hard time agreeing on a name before. ::)

Here's our short list.. I really don't like any of them. LOL Hubby likes Tia and Mya.

Abby
Ella
Lily
Mya
Tia
Zoe
Eve

Thanks for the suggestions though. ;) Men are just too darn stubborn. hahah
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 03:39:50 am by Lyn »

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 04:40:13 am »
I'm glad things are working out for you and your Dad.  And I am very jealous- what a cutie! :)
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat