Author Topic: Here is living proof of my puppy torture... and the one I want SO bad!  (Read 15247 times)

lorim2

Re: Here is living proof of my puppy torture... and the one I want SO bad!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 03:37:01 am »
I say look at the signs???  They are all pointing to Chonco!!  Everyone will get along great and you will be soooooo happy you made the choice!

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 03:42:15 am »
I think if you purposely post pictures of a puppy/dog on BPO and comment how badly you want him or her , deep down inside you KNOW you posted here for a reason as you KNOW everyone will try to talk you into it !!!!  ;D So what are you waiting for ?!?!  ;) :-*
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Lyn

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 04:21:28 am »
We have a small Sonoma stepside truck. Neither Bubba or Lola really fit in it and we can only squeeze one dog in at a time. Usually we end up taking Lola because Bubba just looks too uncomfortable. For vet visits, I just make 2 appointments.

Our major mistake with the Lola/Mia situation is that I took the guys word when he said Mia did not have a dominant personality. So I think taking Bella with you to meet Choncho would be the best thing. Plus you are adding a male.. so the odds of them getting along are much better than if you were trying to add another female.

Choncho, is just too darn adorable to pass up. hehehhhe  ;)

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 05:55:57 am »
Oh, man guys. I know you're so right! Sadly, I called and told them that I couldn't take Chonco at this time.  There were so many things just "lining up" for me to get him, but I look at Bella and the cats, and my job and my boys and I just couldn't do it.  I know I would have loved him so much, but around here, I get paid at the beginning of every month (only once per month) and by the end of the month, I'm doing little odd jobs here and there (i.e. detailing cars, cleaning houses, packing reserve canopies) just so I can make it to the next pay check. I'm upsidedown in my car (like thousands of dollars) so it will be another 4 years before I'll be ahead enough to get another car. I though about doubling the amount of dog food costs, vet costs, etc. and I just don't think I'm ready to take on that extra expense.  I really want to add another dog to our family, and doing it while Bella is young seems like the best way to go. I wish I was in a place where I could say that financially I can afford another dog, but if for some reason things got tighter than I expected I wouldn't be able to take care of my dogs and then I would have to make a choice to (I cringe even THINKING about it) rehome one. I'm thinking worse case scenario here, I know but it scares me to put myself in a position where I could potentially have to do that to an animal and/or my family. I appreciate everyone here so much for your feedback and your encouragement! I wish Chonco would have come around in another 6 months from now! (Sigh)

Anyway, Chonco's sister Sasha is going home with a co-worker of mine, so I'll be sure to post some pics of her. On that note, I'll try to post some new pics of Bella. She grows so fast, and I'm terrible at keeping up!  Thanks guys!!!

Love,
Ang
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 06:00:25 am »
Awww, you definitely are being smart on this one, and that's just about how my finances are, minus the car- cause I lease, so I can relate. It just wasn't meant to be this time but when you're in a better position, I bet the perfect pup will come along.

Can't wait to see pics of Sasha and Bella!

:)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 08:04:54 am »
Awww ,I'm sorry  :-[ It's okay though ,another perfect puppy will come again someday !  :-*
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2007, 02:45:17 pm »
Good for you and not going on impulse. Just wait, this happened for a reason, the perfect pup is out there!
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
some hansome pups....so the question for you is to get one??? or three!!! i can see why you are in love :D
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
SO???? Did you get him??? You said you had to make a decission this weekend? Or were you meaning at the end of THIS one????

Chonco just seems like he has more personality than Jack and Mack. How adorable is he???? Awww...
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
I didn't get one. This all happened last month or so. I have met Chonco's little sister though. In hindsight, right now I think it was the right decision for me. I just love animals, and have this "more the merrier" feeling about them. BUT, then when I think logically, I realize that I am just one person, and I have 5 dependents already (two of my own, two cats and Bella). That's enough for me right now! I heard that Chonco and his brother went to a happy home in Denver somewhere together, so maybe I'll run into him someday! ;)
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat