Author Topic: almost time girls woohoo (belly shots!!)  (Read 6000 times)

angelsmama

almost time girls woohoo (belly shots!!)
« on: April 07, 2007, 05:24:32 am »
I am 38 weeks preggy today! I am more than welcoming her coming before April 21st :P I'll be giving my mom my name & pass on here so when time does come she can let you guys know so I won't be MIA for 2-3 days  ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 11:57:28 am by angelsmama »

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: almost time girls woohoo
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 05:37:50 am »
Oh How exciting !!!! Do you feel ready ? If you need any help or have any newborn questions ( since everything is pretty fresh in my mind as Cole is just 2 months old ) PM me or e-mail me horsepoor21@yahoo.com as I'd love to help ! I'm an expert on nursing  ;D I can't wait to see newborn pics !!!!
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

angelsmama

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 05:42:10 am »
I am just really nervous...  We are getting the car seat in a couple of days, my sister is letting me use her bassinet since her baby is too big for it now. We have plenty of clothes and blankets now, I provide the food so  :P All is ready to go! The crib we will get as she gets closer to being ready for it, and my hospital bag is packed. But yet I still feel soooooo unprepared  :D

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 05:53:35 am »
Awwww, eventhough I did it 11 mos (and 3 times) ago it still seems like yesterday. Are you making any progress? Is this your first? Not to burst your bubble but you could very well be late and by that time you won't feel so unprepared, you will just want her here!! :P

Very, very exciting. I always loved to get to the week they would be fine being born at any time, eases some anxiety anyway.  And kudos on nursing, I nursed all 3 of mine and still am nursing my youngest. :-* :)

You will do great!

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 06:07:43 am »
Oh and also cool about another April baby! My youngest was due April 9 (Drs date but my own date was April 17), anyway she decided just not to come at all so by April 24 they decided to induce. It's cool cause she's only 5 days before my birthday too. :)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 08:00:44 am »
I'm so glad to hear you're going to nurse (I'm a huge breastfeeing advocate ! LOL ) , make sure you have some Lansinoh Lanolin (it's in the bottle/pacifier isle at WalMart) , put it on often (it's totally safe for baby) , it'll help you from getting sore .The LeLeache Leauge has a great book on nursing , it'll help you learn the correct positions and answer all your questions , so it can be an enjoyable experience for both of you  :) Ok , I'll stop preaching now  :D
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 08:19:34 am »
I'm so glad to hear you're going to nurse (I'm a huge breastfeeing advocate ! LOL ) , make sure you have some Lansinoh Lanolin (it's in the bottle/pacifier isle at WalMart) , put it on often (it's totally safe for baby) , it'll help you from getting sore .The LeLeache Leauge has a great book on nursing , it'll help you learn the correct positions and answer all your questions , so it can be an enjoyable experience for both of you  :) Ok , I'll stop preaching now  :D

haha you sound just like me. ;D And I second the Lasinoh, that stuff has been a lifesaver! Thankfully my lactaction consultant at the hospital had some samples of it to give me when my newborn tore into me like a little wolverine- I forgot to bring mine!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 08:31:27 am »
I'll third the good word about nursing.  I nursed all three of mine for a year or more and due to food allergies, I nursed the last two the longest.  It may take you a few days to get the "hang of it" since it's something that you and baby will both learn to do, but it's wonderful from then on.  Besides, I always called it the "ultimate fast food" since it's ready on demand.  The only suggestion that I have is to eat plenty of good food and drink lot's of water and the rest takes care of itself.    ;D

Congratulation s and please post lots of pics of the baby when she arrives!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 09:24:05 am »
She is just waiting until a good day to come uuummm like the 9th ;) so we can share a birthday.
I agree it is great that you are going to breast feed. Yes you must hsve Lansinoh Lanolin --it is fantastic .
Everyone has given great advice.
Sounds like you are well prepared to me..don't worry it will all be fine ;D

angelsmama

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 11:48:34 am »
yes she's my first  :) i soooo wish she'll get her daddys eyes (but my hair:P) 1st pic is her daddy, 2nd is me (not the best pic but :P only good one i have of me on here thats recent) , last 2 are belly pics!

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 11:50:56 am »
Oh my my, does that bring back those huge memories lol. I so loved it though. I love being pg and I always miss it when it's over. Great belly shots!

k2campbell

Re: almost time girls woohoo (belly shots!!)
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 12:05:56 pm »
Oh I'm so excited for you - how fun!!!  ;D I'm a couple of months behind you with my 1st, I can't wait either ;)

Glad to hear you're planning to nurse, that's great. I am too. I think there's nothing more special than the extra bond mom & baby get through nursing, I'm so excited to experience that  :)

Glad to read all the good advice on here too regarding nursing, thanks ladies!!!  ;D

Best of luck and I'm sure all will go just fine! Take it easy and put your feet up  ;)

Offline gerty647

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 12:13:43 pm »
It's been Sooooooooooo long since I looked that way,
I used to miss it but that feeling soon passed as I realize I would have to evenually give birth and raise it.
3 girls are all I can take.
Here's hoping you have a quick labor!
Annabelle-Otterhound mix
Ruffles-Kitty

Michigan

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 12:42:04 pm »
I actually look forward to the birth part. :-X

Yes, speedy labor vibes your way!!

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 02:36:11 pm »
Oh Congrats!! Im very excited for you! I was told a few months ago that i probably can't have kids unless there's a miracle, so I won't be able to go through what you are going through... so enjoy it and remember how lucky you are! The pictures are awesome!!  :) :-*
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon