Author Topic: Amazing Gracie by Dan Dye  (Read 4050 times)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Amazing Gracie by Dan Dye
« on: April 12, 2007, 07:59:07 am »
I wanted to share with you a book I read titled Amazing Gracie written by Dan Dye. Dan Dye is one of the Co-owners of Three Dog Bakery (the original all natural bakery for dogs) and the book as well as the company, Three Dog Bakery was inspired by his deaf Great Dane, Gracie. 

All proceeds from the purchase of the book goes to the Gracie Foundation, which offers financial assistance to non-profit dog rescue organizations. So not only is it entertaining it's beneficial to rescues. Here is a link with a little information about the Gracie Foundation.
https://www.threedog.com/gracieFoundation.aspx

I started to read the book Tuesday night around 10:30 and looked at the clock to see it was after 1 a.m.  I couldn't put the book down.  When I woke up yesterday (tired of course) my only clear thought was to bring the book with me so I could read it at the office when I had some down time.  I finished it yesterday afternoon. 

It's a very sweet story of friendship, success and the loss of a loved one.  It also will make you laugh at all the puppy antics we've all been through.

Oh, and my Gracie LOVES Three Dog Bakery's cookies.   
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

EllieAndBlu

Re: Amazing Gracie by Dan Dye
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 08:04:47 am »
I agree. It is a really sweet,touching story that will make you laugh and cry!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Gracie by Dan Dye
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 02:33:22 pm »
I agree I loved the story as well.
Heck, if it's about a dane, it has to be good.  :D