Author Topic: Tenchi update 4/24  (Read 4349 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Tenchi update 4/24
« on: April 20, 2007, 01:09:36 pm »
So we went to the appointment which is supposed to be a 1/2hr history/consult and then 1/2hr of acupuncture.  The vet was great, I really liked her and good news is that she works with Tenchi's new vets over at the ER/hospital during ER hours on the weekends.  Well after talking over his history and doing his exam, she decided that she wasn't comfortable doing any acupuncture on him.  :(

She's very concerned about his hip and possibly his knee, so she wants to hold off on doing any acupuncture until we know what we're treating.  So when Jay gets home I have to call the other vets for an appointment for xrays on his entire leg.  We juggle the car, so I need to know his work schedule first, which means we probably won't get an appointment until next week.  Which I'm kind of frustrated about since that was what I had wanted to do on monday, but ...

The Dr did give us another medication for Tenchi, its a holistic pain med, Truameel, that she thinks might help hims some more.  http://www.naturalhealthconsult.com/Monographs/traumeel.html
Anyone ever hear of this before?

Of course everyone there fell in love with the Tenchimoose and he was such a good boy during the exam, though he was very stressed.

So that is where we are at right now.  I'll keep you updated.

~ a very tired moni
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 11:13:13 am by Moni »
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Anakalia

Re: Tenchi update 4/20
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 01:17:22 pm »
Awww Moni, I'd be exausted too!  Thanks so much for keeping us updated, I've been thinking a lot about Tenchi lately!  Hopefully you can get him in for x-rays very soon, at least you'll know exactly whats going on with his hip and knee.  I've never heard of Traumeel, but after looking over the website, I have to say I'm quite impressed, it looks like good stuff!  I'm really hoping that will work for Tenchi! Good luck at the vets next week, and try to get some rest!

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 01:33:40 pm »
Poor Poor Tenchi. well, i hope the Xrays turn out ok... big big big big big kisses to Tenchi. and a great big hug for you for being such a great mommy to Tenchi.
Jo
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 12:18:04 pm »
I just wanted to let you know Tenchi has an appt for 8:30am tomorrow to get his xrays done.  I'm extremely nervous!  :-\  Will fill you in when we get back.  They might have to keep him for a couple hours, so it might not be until later in the day.  :(

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 12:21:55 pm »
awwwww thanks for the update Moni. I've been thinking a lot about you and your boy! I too hope the x-rays clear the way for his treatment so the big guy gets to feeling better!  Sending hugs to you both!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 12:32:51 pm by EllieAndBlu »

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 12:29:34 pm »
GOOD LUCK TENCHIMOOSE! We're pullin' for ya!

Anakalia

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 01:03:40 pm »
Good luck!  I'm sending tons of positive vibes your way!  :)

k2campbell

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 01:08:24 pm »
Good luck Tenchi, you big beautiful boy! We're rooting for ya!!! ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-*

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tenchi update 4/24
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 11:13:39 am »
Well, Tenchi went in for his xrays this AM and good news is that there was no cancer or fractures in his hip.  Which is what theacupuncturi st was worried about causing him the sudden pain in his hip area.  Yay!  He does have arthritis in his hips and knees though and his vet said that could definitely be why he was in so much pain during that cold/rainy patch we had the weekend before last.  His vet was very impressed with his weight gain and how much he is using his back leg compared to the last time she saw him, so that was good to hear too!  It looks like the Traumeel is working nicely for his pain management!

She doesn't think that he ruptured his ACL luckily, only pulled it, because she didn't feel much instability in the joint.  However, she wants him outside ONLY onleash until sometime in the FALL.  With allowing only potty walks and laying down outside for at least another month or two.  That will give him time to heal better.  So Tenchi will not be happy that he can't wrestle, but he'll just have to get used to it for a while.

They did do another urine test and he still has some sort of infection, though he is asymtomatic (ie not peeing his bed or feeling miserable).  They didn't get the results back until I had already gotten home, so after I pick up Jay I need to go back and switch the Clavamox with a different brand.. whose name I can't recall ATM.  lol

I have to mention that his vet, Dr Looney (whom I adore!!!),  told me that she fell in love with Tenchi even more today.  They didn't have to even sedate him for his xrays!  She said that he was just laying there on his back on the table, doing whatever they asked him to do and following his signs nicely.  She has never come across a dog so willing to please as him.  I was so proud of my Tenchimoose!  Though he was extremely happy to see me when they brought him back out, with his helicopter tail and Roo Roos telling me of the 'torture' he had endured.  ;)  Tenchi is usually pretty laid back, so its nice to see him get excited when it happens.  LOL

Anakalia

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 11:22:49 am »
  Thank you for the updates!  So now do you get to go back to the acupuncturist?  

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 11:29:10 am »
Oh that's excellent news.  YAY for Tenchi!!!!  What a sweetie pie as well to be so well behaved at the vet.  Good boy Tenchi. 

I have a question.  Can the acupuncture help with arthritis?
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 12:02:05 pm »
Oh Moni - that is great news about Tenchipoo! Between acupuncture and pain management he should be up and wrestling again in the fall. Thanks for the update on your sweet boy!

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 05:42:45 pm »
Forgot to mention that Tenchi has an appointment Friday AM for his acupuncture. I have his xrays to bring with me and his vet faxed the other stuff over so that they'll have it for his visit.

When we were at the acupuncturist last Friday, she had mentioned different things she would recommend for rebuilding his muscle mass and strengthening his bad leg. One was swimming, so I'm sure we will talk more about it at his next appointment. That shouldn't be to difficult since there is a lake right down the road from us. So we'll see if/when she recommends starting it.

I was also able to bring back the Clavamox and switch it with the Ciprofloxacin that they want to try him on now. Some good news is that it is considerably less than the Clavamox!!! Thank goodness! Its only 40$ for a month supply instead of 250$... a nice bonus! lol Hopefully it will work to kick it out of his system.  Thanks again guys for all the well wishes, I do believe they worked!!!