Author Topic: axle has a pierced ear now...  (Read 5511 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
axle has a pierced ear now...
« on: April 20, 2007, 05:01:36 pm »
well, i jinxed myself in saying i haven't had to deal with this.  axle's starting to show some age.  his hips are starting to bother him more, he's getting winded easy, and is just turning to a fluff ball instead of a solid mass  :(  he still thinks he's a puppy, and won't back down from diesel or caine, and is completely adamant that HE is top dog, and forever will be.  well, diesel is challenging him now, since he's maturing and finding that axle is getting easier to beat.  today, our neighbors dog got out of their yard into the front, and in the excitement of them corralling her back into their back yard, diesel started a fight with axle.  hubby went out to try to break it up, neighbors were trying to help, etc, but no avail.  i finally got my shoes on and ran out, the second diesel saw he me let go and ran off from axle (h*ll hath no fury like momma's scorn!) and acted like he had done nothing wrong.  now, axle is super winded / sore and has a pierced ear.  my poor old boy isn't feeling good, but on a good note diesel has nothing wrong with him.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

mama23+pyrs2

Re: axle has a pierced ear now...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 05:27:08 pm »
Awwww poor baby! Hope he feels better tomorrow. :-\

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 05:32:41 pm »
thanks for the well wishes for axle!  the area it's at (where it has that second flap of skin, it's through both layers, the flap and his ear) i grab it and he shakes.  we cleaned it out really good after i told him "sit still or go to bed"  ::) because he decided he wanted to stay out with me.  at first, we thought it was a lot worst b/c it gushed all the way down the side of his head, but has since stopped bleeding all together.  i wasn't sure what to use to clean it, i'll do the peroxide, though, thanks!  as of tomorrow, diesel isn't allowed on furniture and since his weight is almost normal now, he'll go to a once a day feeding after axle eats, go potty after axle does, etc.  diesel abuses his privileges when he's asserts himself over caine, so we're going to reassert axle as top dog.  we just won't be able to leave them alone outside anymore, since diesel ONLY does this when i'm not around.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 07:58:30 pm »
Awww poor Axle!  Hopefully he'll feel better soon, sending get well vibes his way!

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 08:20:49 pm »
Poor Axle! 

I think you should put a big steel hoop in the ear that is now pierced.  It will make him look tougher.  Pair it with a wife beater tank and then maybe Diesel will be intimidated. 

J/K, hope Axle starts feeling better.
I am kind of a big deal!