Author Topic: i've had enough!  (Read 4497 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
i've had enough!
« on: April 21, 2007, 07:19:58 am »
ok, so i can't help it anymore.  the past two weeks have been AWFUL.  between axle and diesel fighting, my truck developing an oil leak, drowning two phones, my phone line outside then being messed up, my septic tank being messed up, the kids being awful, our $1,000 winning lottery ticket being lost, my aquarium pump that empties it quitting, tristan developing a rash all over, not feeling good, fighting with hubby, etc, I'M DONE!

we have bellsouth coming out to fix our phones today(i wonder how much THAT'S going to cost), and also the septic people.  they're charging $250 to empty, and said it was going to be $250 to use the backhoe b/c the cap is so far under ground, when state regulation says it should only be about 1ft deep.  we got them to wave the backhoe fee (the company said to since we're military THANK GOD!), but we now know that it wasn't even anywhere near full.  it's the pipes.  well, then they said they can do something with something and try to unstop the pipes (jetting it  ???).  $250 MORE.  well, hubby went out and said we can't afford to pay the company that much, but that we can afford to pay THEM $50-$100 to do it.  straight to their pocket.  BAM.  we're gonna try it.  how dirty of everybody!  that's probably the only thing that has gone right.

on another good note, i went out last night and bought $80 worth of lavender smellies, a table top fountain, etc. and rearranged the room.  "out with the old energy"...  i don't think i've ever slept that good.  i had problems going to sleep, but never woke up until this morning.

on an even better note.  i told hubby the drains where stopped up b/c of the grease he poured down it, YEP.  it was, the jetting JUST worked and about 2 gallons of grease had it stopped up from hubby!  what an idiot!  i had to say "i told you so!!!!!!" i went outside and he told me "don't worry about it, just go in" and i thought it was either A) a condom since he's infamous for that too B) a diaper since my son likes to flush stuff.  originally i said oil though, i TOLD him so!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 07:21:33 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline BellaRoosMom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: i've had enough!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 09:20:15 am »
Message from a fellow "leach line stopper upper" 

SORRY  :(   :-\  You don't wanna know what I flushed!

Hey!  Since your luck is starting to turn tides, maybe a quick house/car cleaning (purse cleaning) will turn up the cashola!   ;D

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 09:35:05 am »
already did that ha ha, found $5 in change
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 09:51:20 am »
i am so sorry you are having such a hard time, HUGS from me! :-* :)
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 02:55:05 pm »
Hey , Just wanna let you know I know exactly how you feel right now ! Last year was aweful for us , my nephews stayed with me for a week while their parents went on vacation and the youngest flushed two toys cars down my toilet (Lightning McQueen and Mater ! LOL ) , it didn't seem to matter , there were no evident problems ( or so we thought ! doh ) so we left for MN for 5 days to visit my parents , when we got back most of our basement was flooded with sewage , it's a finished basement , or was anyhow , and it had been sitting for all those five days in hot hot weather with no AC .  :P It was disgusting ! My parents took my kids for an entire week ( I was so lost without them !  :-[ ) so we could work on gutting out the basement and we then found termites , which were attracted by the sewage . Also , I lost my pair of flying squirrels because of the sewer fumes  :'( So thousands of dollars later , we thought we were doing okay again  ,started getting into those cold fall nights and we had our pellet stove running , backed up so much smoke into our house it killed 6 of my sugar gliders !  :'( Then the pellet stove died and we had to buy a new stove ,this time we got a wood stove . Anyways , I still have lots of smoke damage in the house , and we still need to build a bathroom and a hallway again down here . But thus is life ! My hubby always says " If we didn't have bad luck , we wouldn't have any luck at all " LOL I'm so used to rotten stuff like that happening , that a few months ago our pipes froze in our laundry room , then the pipe busted and was spraying water EVERYWHERE , flooding the upstairs , and then it was running into the heating vents , and coming downstairs right on top of my computer ! The stupid people that lived here before us built a wall over the shut off valve and it took us forever to find it . I didn't even freak out like I would have years ago . I was just like " Oh boy .. where are the towels ?" LOL I say it builds character ! LOL  ;D
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 03:04:02 pm »
i'm like you about the luck!  hubby on the other hand has good luck 24/7 (boy does that make me sick sometimes!).  i know how you feel about the previous owners.  ours were complete liars when we bought this house!  it's our first one, and our first time to have to pay bills (last place, we payed a set amount and it covered everything but the phone and tv).  we were told $300-400 would cover all our bills for a month.  yeah.  maybe when everything but power is turned off.  our pipers were rigged so we are having to replace ALL of them, rotting boards, no insulation at ALL in the house, etc.  fun.  the most aggravating thing?  when the wind blows it goes in our crawl space and blows our pilot light out every time.  awesome.  if it's 20 degrees, "honey, go outside and light the pilot light again so we have hot water / heat!" 

side note to say when we moved we had one day in the state of georgia to find the house we would buy. never again.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 03:04:37 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 03:32:50 pm »
We had a month to find a house , I thought that was way too fast ! This is our first home as well and we got taken advantage of too ! We cannot WAIT to get out of this place ! We're doing our best to live as frugal as possible all year in order to pay off our credit cards that we racked up last year and then to get our car payed off , so next year we can hopefully buy some land and eventually move out there ! I can't wait  ;D Of course , here I am on a computer with internet access .LOL Okay ,so I'm keeping ONE luxury but that's it !  ::) But I'm really learning to get by without much . I've seen a difference in my kids though , and it makes me so happy ! They're not concerned with materialism (sp?) anymore and they're so happy when they do get something special  ;D
-Amy
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Crush-Painted Turtle

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 03:41:41 pm »
ha ha so true.  we're tight wads too.  we can't help it, every time we turn around something goes wrong and needs to be fixed.  we have a nice house, in a nice neighborhood, with almost an acre, but i'm really not liking it here!  we thought it was a very friendly neighborhood but we go two months without talking to our neighbors, and we're the youngest people on our block.  we had one guy trying to sell stuff come up and say, "dude, you don't own this, where are your parents" to hubby!  next time we're going to look for kids running around!

on another note, bellsouth tried to blame our phone on the dogs before he even got in the house.   >:(  he said it's common for dogs to eat wires, so that was "probably the cause."  well, we have a mystery wire that has always been sticking out the ground and not connected, just poking out.  we got in a fight b/c he said that was the problem and i was so mad.  he had the audacity to argue when i know that wire does nothing.  come to find out, he jiggled a wire inside our phone box and it started working again. 
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 03:52:04 pm »
LOL We are by far the youngest couple in our neighborhood too ! hahaha The folks that live right next to us (our yard is tiny tiny tiny so they're very close ...) are older , and the guy ( I've lived here two years and I still don't know their names as they won't talk to us hardly ) was out in his yard last summer ,I said hello to him while I was raking up leaves and all he could say back was " You've got alot of work ahead of you "  ??? What's up with that ? LOL Our first Halloween here we tried trick or treating at their house , as they had their porch light on ,and the woman screamed at me and my kids to get out of her yard . haha  So I just don't socialize anymore. I know we're known as the hillbillies at the corner with all the kids and a multi colored pickup in our backyard with dogs standing on the cab . LMAO Wouldn't have it any other way  ;D (I'm really embarressing myself here aren't I ? LOL )
-Amy
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Crush-Painted Turtle

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 05:52:19 pm »
I am right with you on having enough....it seems evey time it seems like we are actually gaining ground on something it heads the other way.... A break once in a while would be great!!!! :-\

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 05:57:19 pm »
Doesnt it always seem like when something goes wrong or breaks, EVERYTHING follows. Like Tyler, he got two flat tires last week, and we fixed them, and then in moab yesturday we noticed his truck we LEAKING OIL!! GGGGGRRRRR ::)
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 06:31:37 pm »
i wouldn't mind the breaks if everyone wouldn't blame it on me / my dogs.  hubby said i did the pipes, mom said the dogs are at fault, and always swears i'd be better off without them.  maybe financially, but not happy. 

horsepoor, i've always been the "barefoot and pregnant" neighbor, as hubby likes me staying at home and i spent a majority of the first three years of our marriage pregnant.  every time we talk to hinkle, he asks when i'm due and says some pretty funny smart alec comments, but i'll not say them here b/c they're pretty adult.  the

all of our neighbors have been paying their mortgages for longer than i've been alive  :-\ we do have one neighbor renting from the owner, but she's never there and i don't particularly like her b/c she flirts with hubby.  none of our neighbors really talk to us either.  neighbors on one side are never home (they're in their 50s and are in a biker club, but strong christians where as i don't like going to church so we don't particularly talk, but we don't bother each other at all either).  the other one i can't understand (oriental) the ones behind us are workaholics, and the one that rents is always at school (the one that flirts with hubby).  we all do get along well though, we don't talk, but we don't make noise or irritate each other either.  the most i ever hear from anyone is a car crank or a mower.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 06:46:46 pm »
I think we're the loud neighbors but I try so hard not to be !  :-\ My kids are of course noisey when they're outside (which is often) so I won't let them go out until late morning , and then make sure they come in before evening time of course . And then our pickup has straight pipes on it , it's sooooo loud .... And our car has some belt that needs replaced and it squeels so loud I can hear it all the way in the house with all the doors shut . LOL I bring my dogs in the second they bark , all of our neighbor's dogs bark ALOT and are pretty aggressive .... I guess we do one thing right ! LOL
-Amy
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Crush-Painted Turtle

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 10:08:16 am »
lmao!  i can say, all of us bring our dogs in the first bark, except the people caddy corner to us.  they have two obnoxious dogs, and they let them out when we let our dogs out EVERY time ??? they leave them outside when they're at work, but take them inside at night.  i really don't like those dogs, they pick fights with out dogs, and agitate them on purpose.  that's another soap box though.

thankfully, neither of our trucks are loud, but if they were our neighbors couldn't say anything.  all of them have motorcycles, except one.  the oriental woman across the street has her daughter / SIL living with her, and he has one.  our 50's neighbors have two and go riding every afternoon.  the people behind us have one.  they're all super duper loud, but they're nice enough to "creep" out the neighborhood instead of disturbing everyone in the area.  the people caddy corner have a loud and obnoxious go cart they ride in their back yard, and disrupts everyone (they're just annoying people).
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline LittleGrace

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 10:24:51 pm »
so sorry that you've had such horrible luck...  I had to chime in on the house stuff and the dogs...

We bought our first home about a year and a half ago and the people that lived here trashed it while they moved out, holes in doors and walls, they backed into the AC and destroyed it, left 2 semis full of trash, broke glass all over the yard, left rat poison out in the open in the yard.  We've basically been gutting the house and redoing everything.
Thankfully are neighboorhood is excellent, our neighboors actually came over and help with the trash and demolition.
The neighborhood also has a lot of dogs.  Our beagle barks a lot, but we try to bring her in when she does.  Grace only barks when something bothers her or at the duck chlorine float that moves in the pool.  Thankfully most of the other dogs are way worse... there is a beagle 2 doors down that bays constantly and other barkers.
So hang in there, things will turn around - the plumbing will work, the lottery ticket will surface and the hubby will see the error of his ways and realize that you are always right =)