Author Topic: Monty's vet visit.  (Read 4784 times)

Offline Gill

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Monty's vet visit.
« on: July 04, 2007, 08:43:09 am »
Monty has done well after his trip to the vet. He doesn't seem to have noticed anything is "missing". The cone he is wearing is absolutely gross though. It catches all his drool and then soaks all his fur on his neck, he looks and feels disgusting.... and he can still get to the stitches even with it on!! He also mis-judges the size gap he needs to get through with it on. He just barges on through taking half the house with him. He keeps barking at us to take it off.
Bogie 9y.o Blue-fronted Amazon Parrot
Montague 1 year old St Bernard Puppy

All the while you have a dog you will be loved.

Offline Gill

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Monty's vet visit.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 09:07:10 am »
they said for him to wear it for 10 days but that is not going to happen!!!! what is a bite not?
Bogie 9y.o Blue-fronted Amazon Parrot
Montague 1 year old St Bernard Puppy

All the while you have a dog you will be loved.

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 01:17:53 am »
Aw Monty you poor thing. I hate putting those collars on my dogs. Especially when they are big dogs like ours. But I must say it always gave me a little chuckle to see them wearing it. Don't let him see you laughing though. My dogs got very insulted.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 02:00:53 am »
But I must say it always gave me a little chuckle to see them wearing it. Don't let him see you laughing though. My dogs got very insulted.

That makes me think of Cara, our first Pyr.  She would put her cone head up against the wall when anyone would so much as smile at her.  It was hysterical but we didn't dare laugh.  Poor baby, she was just mortified by the collar.  Unfortunately, I didn't know about the Bite-Not at the time.

Please give Monty a kiss for me.  I'm sure he's adorable even all spitty and with his collar.   ;D  :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees