Author Topic: NRG, Fromm.. Anyone tried these foods?  (Read 2788 times)

Lyn

NRG, Fromm.. Anyone tried these foods?
« on: July 13, 2005, 07:54:00 am »
I stopped into the pet food store yesterday. This store is the only place that stocks Solid Gold in my area.. Well they have 2 new brands of food. NRG is a dehydrated food. And Fromm which is a kibble. I picked up a trial size of the NRG canine blend salmon, and gave it to Bubba for lunch. He loved it!

Here's the ingredient list.. Wild pacific salmon, naked oats, winter squash, wheat germ, fresh raw carrots, broccoli, grapefruit, papaya, whole cranberries, goats milk yogurt, apple cider vinegar, salmon oil, olive oil, fresh garlic, parsley, kepl, ground flax seed, calicum carbonate, cod liver oil.

Protein 24%, fat 16%, and fiber 25% And it says it's a balanced all life stages diet.

The ingredients on the Fromm kibbles look pretty good also... Neither of them are specifically for large breeds though.. but I'm just curious if anyone feeds these brands?

Here's the links for both brands...

http://www.nrgpetproducts.com/
http://www.frommfamily.com/

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: NRG, Fromm.. Anyone tried these foods?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 02:39:52 pm »
I looked at the NRG.  It looks good.  I am staring my Poms on Raw before my new Dane pup gets here.  But am going on vacation and my son will be feeding the dogs....I know he will not do the raw thing (he is too lazy) So I am thinking about getting the NRG stuff while I am gone

Lyn

Re: NRG, Fromm.. Anyone tried these foods?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 05:59:44 pm »
Jenn, I found it at Paulmac's Pet Food. Kind of a chain type store.. there are a bunch of them in Ontario. I'm not sure if the larger chain stores like Petsmart would carry it or not. It's worth a look through. I'm tempted to keep giving it to Bubba just for his lunch meal.

It is definitely easier to prepare than raw. You can even make up some and put it in the fridge, this way your son can just scoop it out. I have a lazy son too. LOL