Author Topic: Food allergy question  (Read 2431 times)

Offline ShaggysMom

• Gnawer
  • Summer by the pool!
    • View Profile
Food allergy question
« on: April 26, 2007, 04:27:51 am »
This is actually for my mom.  She has a keeshond that has food allergies.  She was on the Natural Balance Venison and Rice that was recalled.  She did great on that and she is also on Nzymes, which has helped tremendously.  Because of the recall, my mom put her back on the NB Duck and Sweet Potato.  She is back to itching and licking miserably.  Does anyone know of any other good allergy formula to try?
Thanks!
Mom to 1 giant and 2 large.

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
Re: Food allergy question
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 05:11:33 am »
I know what she must be going through.  AJ's mom keesha had horrible food allergies.  We ended up putting her on the Authority allergy food and she was doing great on it.  But I just looked it up and it has been recalled too.  This recall crap sooo sucks esspecially for people like your mom.  Has she thought about raw feeding for a little while???? just a thought.

You sooo have to post pics of her keeshound. I think that AJ is the only one on the board.  He is a 3 year old fluff ball that kind of tolerates his big brother Morph lol.
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Anakalia

Re: Food allergy question
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 05:34:38 am »
What about California Natural Fish and Sweet Potato?  They also have a Chicken and Rice formula.  I thought Koby was allergic to rice, chicken, and a long list of other ingredients but after feeding him this food he's doing great!