Author Topic: Molly's 1st vet visit!  (Read 6861 times)

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Molly's 1st vet visit!
« on: July 13, 2005, 01:55:57 pm »
Hooray!!!   No heart murmur, eyelid anatomy looks normal, head to toe she's a perfectly normal healthy pup:-)  She got the exam, 2nd puppy shot, toenails clipped, free sample of Frontline, and free sample of Hart Guard all for $35. All the gushing over the adorable puppy....was free:-)  I am a proud mom!

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Molly's 1st vet visit!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 03:08:57 pm »
NOPE! Funny how something that simple puts you into such a great mood:-)  I mean the gushing. But knowing there's no signs of any health problems so far? That's worth a million bucks! I feel like celebrating:-)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 06:12:28 pm »
Congrats an a good early start.

That picture of her running is SO CUTE!  :)
RIP former BPO

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 07:56:55 pm »
Yah for Molly! I totally know how you feel when you go to the vet and find out everything is perfect!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 06:03:03 am »
Thanks for sharing in our little moment of glory:-)  By the way, she's 14 weeks and weighs 35.3 lbs. Does that sound about right? 

Oh! And how do I get a pic to be on the left side of my message, instead of underneath?

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 06:45:31 am »
Go Molly! getting an A at the vet is always refeshing! she is so cute!!! Love the picture of her running.  She reminds me of our Bella when she was that age.  Bella is a brown Newf too. They are just so adorable at that age...I think 35 pounds at 14 weeks sounds about right. Our 4 month old male newf is off the charts in weight I think. I took him in 2 weeks ago for vaccines and he weighed 53 pounds at 14, or was it 15 weeks? Guess my memory is a little off today!  He is solid, I thought the vet may something about the weight, but he didnt. We measure his food, but I think he is just gonna be one big boy ;D
Gina

All dogs are pets.  Newfoundlands are family!

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 07:11:51 am »
Well, our Great Pyr/Anatolian mix (whom I haven't mentioned yet. He's a livestock guardian & lives with our goats).....weighed 54 lbs at 15 weeks. He's 16 months old now and weighs 150 lbs. Skinny as a rail. So that might give you something to go on with your Rocco:-) So what are you feeding that boy? LOL.....well I'm pretty sure Molly won't get that big. Both her parents are right around 130 lbs.

Love the name Bella, by the way. We seriously considered that name for Molly:-)

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 07:51:07 am »
Whew! There is hope for Rocco :)  Our boy LOVES to eat. Its hilarious. When you get his food ready he starts dancing around the kitchen in excitement. Its almost like he's chanting "Dinnertime! dinnertime!"  We feed them both Merrick, the Cowboy Cookout blend.  They just love it. We had them on Solid Gold prior, but they had really soft stools.  We switched over a month or so ago and so far so good.  Saturday I'm going to take them both over to the vet so I can use their scale. I'm curious to see what they both weigh. Last check a few months ago Bella was 95, but I think she's gained a few pounds since then.  I'm betting Rocco is pushing 62-63 pounds and Bella is about 100.

Molly was a name we liked too! MMmm maybe for the next Newf we get....down the road ;D
Gina

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 08:15:08 am »
Geesh, I wish Molly had more interest in her food. The breeder was free feeding Diamond Puppy food, so that's what I started with. She's way more interested in water though. 

Are you telling me Newfs are like potato chips? LOL....you can't have just one:-)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 09:25:37 am »
Happy to hear that Molly is a healthy puppy!!..Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 09:45:29 am »
I love the photo of Molly running. It is just the way I feel when family/guest show up for a loooooong weekend. 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 10:26:28 am »
Tina - good catch! Yes it IS a Corsica. They're pretty good little cars:-)

LOL.....I think Molly's got a LOT of growing to do, to catch up with those ears of hers:-) Right now they look like big mud flaps hanging off her head:-)

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 10:34:53 am »
Lisa - LOL....would that be running TO your guests, or AWAY from them:-)

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 11:13:18 am »
Ang, you nailed it! Having a Newf is like eating potato chips, you can't just have one! I am so glad we have 2.  They got along well from the moment they met and are inseperable. They are so much fun. I keep telling Mike, maybe in a few yrs we can get a third newf!!!  Right now he says no way. Mmmmm i'll give him a few years and hit him up again. A girl's gotta try :)
Gina