Author Topic: My dog is a ....what?  (Read 34414 times)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: My dog is a ....what?
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2007, 12:14:31 pm »
You should come to Guelph (A little far, i know) it is home to the big paw!! I saw someone walking 2 GPs yesterday and that was before we got to the park--a woman with 3 Saints, her car actually bottomed out over the bumpy road....3 Saints, her and her husband in a GrandPrix :o
I thought i heard a lot of ignorant comments, good to see i'm not alone ::) Ann

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2007, 01:36:00 pm »
I get min pins all the time with my black chihuahuas.  Min Pins do come in solids (as well as black and tan)like red or chocolate (they come in doberman colours..so blue as well), so they are close lol. 

Oops, my bad.  Its been so long since i've seen a non black and tan min pin that I forgot for a bit that they do come in other colors.  Duh, I should know that a friend has a blue marked.  But still shouldn't have white on them (my ratties have ALOT of white).  ;)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2007, 04:02:15 pm »
Not white, they can be solid blue, or have blue with tan markings like a doberman.

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline Johnnysgirl_668

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2007, 06:30:35 am »
i actually got into an argument with a guy b/c he said axle was a german shepherd / great dane mix.  he swore upside down that i was mistaken, until i lied (yes, i lied, i don't have papers but if i wanted to pay all of the fees for the AKC since his parents' owners lost the mom's papers i could have them) and said slightly too loud, "would you like me to go home and get his registration papers?!"  he was on my nerves so bad, how can you tell someone what kind of dog they own ???
I know exactly what you mean. Yes, I've fibbed too when they start going on about Bear being shepherd/husky.. oh and the other day shepherd/dane. Granted I'm not 100% sure he IS pure shepherd, but I've had enough shep mixes to know what he ain't! Although, a shep/dane mix would be awesome. Hehe.
You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, "My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!" - Dave Barry

Offline Johnnysgirl_668

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2007, 06:33:46 am »
I know a lot of you have already heard this story:  the hubby was walking Jack.  A guy driving by stops and yells "What kind of dog is that"  Hubby was really sick of this question by then.  He yelled back "Chihuahua"
LOL!! I've used "chihuahua on steroids" before. People just have no sense of humour. LOL
You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, "My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!" - Dave Barry

Offline Johnnysgirl_668

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2007, 06:43:12 am »
and my personal favorite

"Holy shit that's a huge dog!"   (that's my girl!)
HAHAHAHA too funny. I just got back from the vet's and heard this for the first time today:

IJIT: "How old is he? 7 months?"
Me: No he's only 16 weeks.
IJIT: "OH MY GAWD! He's gonna be one BIG dog!"

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2007, 09:02:12 am »
Well I didn't know how to link it so here it is, feel free to add, and be prepared to answer any and all questions for your future BP aka Bullmastiff ;)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2007, 07:51:17 pm »
Quote from: Melissakins . Brandon tells them she's a Norwegian Cheese Hound. Some go ohhhh okay...yeah...hahahahaha

Phelan loves to do the froggy splay leg laydown in the water, so recently when we were in the park some woman commented on it and my Brandon replied "Yep, he's a Bull-frog" to which she replied "oh, okay"....um no lady he really isn't part frog ::) You should have seen the look we gave eachother ;D

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2007, 08:11:48 pm »
Hahaha, bullfrog... Chloe has been called...

a lab
a boxer
and.... "um what is that?"

And because of her HOD, she walks funny, a lot of people ask whats wrong with her, and i dont mind telling them, and educating them on what the disease is... but one guy... he was insistant that she got hit by a car >:( JERK. even after i explained that she DID NOT because i take care of her and she never leaves my sight (that an theres no way she could gimp out to the road... its too far away, and she would never make it lol) he still insisted she was hit by a car. WHATEVER... moron...  ::)
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2007, 08:59:47 pm »

LOL good ones. We've gotten black Great Pyr...Mastiff, Great Dane, Black St. Bernard

Wow, when I take Naja out I get the Albino Newf, it's funny that random ppl even know what a Pyr is, when I tell ppl Great Pyrenees, they're like "Wha??  What's a Great Perenealise?"  (They never say the name right.  ::)
I've also been asked if she is a blond Golden Retreiver, or a White Lab (Are there even white labs??  I've never seen one.)  Of course the horse comment, and the Polar Bear comments.  Where's her saddle?  Can I ride her?  You must like to vacuume alot!  Look at those paws!!!  How are you going to find her in the winter?  Hope you've got a big house!

But of course there are the ppl that are genuinly interested, and those I don't mind taking a few minutes to explain her breed and personality and such.  And I always love when kids come up to her and ask to pet her, and then just end up giving her a BIG hug 'cause she's so soft and cuddly!   :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2007, 10:49:20 pm »

Oh yeah, the big house thing!! I love that one...I say Why yes I do have a big house! a$$holes :) LOL
[/quote]
HA HA, gotta love dumb people! But you have to love SMRT (homer is SMRT, smart) people better.
Like the guy in the park who first asked what Phelan was-Bullmastiff
Then commented- ??? Oh he's small- yep they aren't full grown until 18mos-24mos and he's 14mos
Then had to add that his friends FEMALE is bigger than Phelan, she's 140lbs (why do people focus on weight of big dogs?) - then I add, "hmm, really because 120lbs is top of the standard for females" *cough* dumb!@$k
Perhaps your "friend's" dog is overweight or you're not as SMRT as you think you are.

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2007, 10:57:39 pm »
I hate it when people comment on Tani at the dog park. Tani is such a mixed bag, people always feel that it's necessary to "help me" figure it out, like I asked. People confidently announce to me that she's part pitt or part greyhound or part husky or whatever, like they are experts. She's my dog, and I don't even know. Although, based on the eyes and the merle socks that don't show in the avatar, I'd say that aussie is a good guess for some part of her. I don't know why people can't just keep their comments complimentary like, "oooh, what a pretty dog" or something like that. You'd never walk up to a person and go "So what are you, like part African American, maybe a little Indian? Some Dutch in there somewhere? Your eyes look Irish. My mom was Irish, but you look like you're about 50 pounds heavier than she was."
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2007, 11:59:37 pm »
LMAO Well done

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2007, 07:56:55 am »
And that's why we enjoy Holly LMAO

dohertyswissy

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2007, 05:37:38 pm »
That freaking "He's a horse" comment makes me want to punch someone these days.  Or, "He's bigger than you!"  Um, yeah, I kinda noticed that already.  Most things are, considering I am not even 5'2".  Thank you Captain Obvious.  ::)

As far as breed guesses:

Saint Bernard
Rottweiler
What mix is he? (Um..none, he's a pure bred)
Mastiff
Berenese Mountain Dog (totally acceptable, considering he is just the slightly bigger, short-haired brethren)

I guess I can't get too cranky though.  I like it when people are interested and want to love on him, instead of freak out and hide their children.   ::)