Author Topic: is it just me or do Newfs think too much , lol  (Read 7337 times)

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: is it just me or do Newfs think too much , lol
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 11:25:25 am »
The Newf was also bred to be very independent and work for thier food. They were used in St. John's (Newfoundland) more for working the land than the water. They hauled wood, delivered the mail and even delivered milk door to door and were fed accordingly. They worked solo and in teams and performed thier jobs exceptionally. One very early account of the great black dog stated that they travelled in packs in the winter months fending for themselves, even hunting!!

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
Re: is it just me or do Newfs think too much , lol
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2005, 12:01:35 pm »

Get this:  We have two both boys.  6 months apart.  Both are standing in front of the water bowl.  Both have stuffies in the mouth.  Neither move for the water.  They are just standing there with the stuffie in their mouth staring at the water, then each other, then back to water.  This goes on for a while and I stop and watch.  Now I know for a fact they are thirsty because they've been wrestling.  Their heads are NOT moving.  Just the eyes and eyebrows.  I watch thinking what on earth...
Finally one drops a stuffie to go for the water, and the other grabs that stuffie keeping his stuffie along with the new one and makes tracks outside with both toys. :-\

Good God. 

Robin

Oh that is hillarious!