Author Topic: Is this true??????????  (Read 4700 times)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
Is this true??????????
« on: May 06, 2007, 08:27:19 am »
The city of Los Angeles alone, for example, sends some two hundred tons of euthanized cats and dogs to a pet food plant every month.

I found this while looking up info about dog food recall info.

IF this is true,I am sure that LA isn't the only place doing it.

But how would one varify something like this.???

And for all of us that want to slow and stop euthanization,of unwanted pets.

Does anyone think that cities and counties deliever these dead animals to pet food plants for processing without getting a pay off.???

I just don't know what to think or do.
I do know that where I live they cremate the euthanized and dead animals found.

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Is this true??????????
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 08:29:27 am »
i've read and been told the same thing about euthanized animals.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 09:38:17 am »
YUCK. I knew this, and I am very glad I educated myself before getting Bella (sadly, I fed Eukanuba to Pepper). It's a yucky reminder, but necessary to keep everyone educated! Now, If I could just get my friend to stop feeding her dog food from the DOLLAR STORE... :-\
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 01:49:47 pm »
Isn't this horrible?  :o  >:(  I first heard this on Canadian TV when we were visiting BC in '98.  At the time, I went home and asked our vet and they said that they were sure that it wasn't true, but it always stuck in my head.  Then a year or two ago I saw an article on the Net, so I checked into it and decided that we'd never feed pet foods with by-products, digest, etc. again.  It makes me sick that they do this. It seems immoral to me to feed pets to pets.  As for the metal, flea collars, plastic, etc. how can they even begin to justify that?  >:(  It should be against the law.  Garbage is garbage, not food!!!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 10:26:32 pm »
Ewwww that is disgusting!  I knew Iams was caught doing it, but I thought that kind of thing would be better regulated now a days.  So sad.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 10:25:15 am »
You know, this totally wouldn't surprise me. I mean, just today they busted a home (completely nasty) and took out over 100 cats. Where do all of these kitties go and how long can the pound afford to keep them? Sad, just sad.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 11:02:05 am »
It wouldnt suprise me either! Ugh...
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline newfiesx3

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 12:31:15 am »
I used to be a Canine Nutrition Educator for a large pet food company (5 letters..start s with N and ends with O) not bad food. Learned lots of scary things about pet food. Avoid the ones that say "animal protien". Ask yourself "what kind of animal?" Also avoid vitamin K-3. It is a chemical grade of natural vitK. Very cheap compared, so lots of companies use it. It is manufactured in China from a less than reputable lab. K-3 is banned in many dog loving countries.
I cook for the kids..all human grade. I even make all the treats! My hubby claims he hasn't had a decent meal since the invasion of NEWFS! LOL He's right! :D
My heart,soul...house,car,bed,kitchen,....wallet all belong to three beautiful Newfs. I wouldn't have it any other way. Hmm..we could have 4 or 5,6....

Elvis-3yr male (#1 lovey)
Stitch-2yr male (Elvis's baby bro & WILD child)
Audrey-10mo female Landseer (wanted a Hepburn, ended up with a LILO!)