Author Topic: A TRUE GREAT PYRENEES SPRING CLEANING  (Read 4040 times)

Offline MyDyson

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Dyson
    • View Profile
A TRUE GREAT PYRENEES SPRING CLEANING
« on: May 06, 2007, 08:29:34 pm »
Dyson is beginning his Spring Shedding.  Enjoy the Slide show.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wilkerr1@sbcglobal.net/slideshow?.dir=/4d1bre2&.src=ph
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 08:30:08 pm by MyDyson »
Randy & Jennifer Wilkerson
St. Louis, MO

mama23+pyrs2

Re: A TRUE GREAT PYRENEES SPRING CLEANING
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 09:21:50 pm »
Is that really what I have to look forward to? Ugh, what have I gotten myself into. :o :-X

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 09:35:34 pm »
i HATE those days!  we're about to have to do sheeba and axle, and between the two of them, we'll have a yard like yours  :-\  have you tried this though:  bath them, but leave the shampoo on, get a shop vac (make sure it blows out like a blower) and blow them off then rinse them and blow them again.  this gets a LOT of the hair off before you even start brushing.  worth a shot if you haven't tried already (at least it'll be worth a shot next time ha ha)
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline MyDyson

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Dyson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 09:44:53 pm »
i HATE those days!  we're about to have to do sheeba and axle, and between the two of them, we'll have a yard like yours  :-\  have you tried this though:  bath them, but leave the shampoo on, get a shop vac (make sure it blows out like a blower) and blow them off then rinse them and blow them again.  this gets a LOT of the hair off before you even start brushing.  worth a shot if you haven't tried already (at least it'll be worth a shot next time ha ha)

No, we have never tried that.  Baths and Dyson don't mix.  His hair is so thick and comes out in Clumps in the Spring.  It's about 5 to 7 inch depth.  He stays outside in the winter so he grows a full COAT...  :-)  He looks like a midget when summer comes around. 
Randy & Jennifer Wilkerson
St. Louis, MO

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 09:49:07 pm »
LOL i've groomed dogs like that before.  the bath thing works great on them, you get about 90% of the hair out in one day.  we just used a water hose and put it on their skin to make sure they rinsed really really good.  anywho, like i said, i'm dreading this.  axle and sheeba are avoiding me this time around to top it off.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 09:57:55 pm »
OMG!!!  That's a LOT of fur! lol  Great pics!  ;D

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 10:16:14 pm »
Is that really what I have to look forward to? Ugh, what have I gotten myself into. :o :-X
It's not as bad as it looks like! If you groom them regulary you won't even notice when the shedding time is over. Just make sure to triple your weekly contribution to the grooming during the shedding period!
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 10:22:54 pm »
Hahaha... That is funny!

My guys blew coat majorly this weekend too!  You should've seen the puppies we could've made out of their 'leftovers'!  They get brushed regularly too.   :o
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.