Author Topic: We lost our little Foxi...  (Read 12941 times)

Offline lilqhgal

• Gnawer
  • Wataaya
    • View Profile
    • Cowgirl Expressions
We lost our little Foxi...
« on: May 13, 2007, 09:49:57 pm »
Our beloved Foxi, an almost 2 year old female Jack Russell, had been missing since Wednesday morning. Her and my female rescued Akita, whom were bosom buddies, were out in the cornfields trucking around, as they do on occasion, but this time Ty (the Akita) came home and Foxi didn't. We were thinking that either something got her, coyote?, or she got hit, or someone picked her up w/ no intention to bring her home, as she had her collar on w/ county tags. I miss her so much. I never wanted a jack, I always heard how obnoxious they were, plus I've never been a "little dog person", growing up with Great Danes, but this little jack was the best dog in the world. She was the friendliest and calmest Jack you'd ever know. She had the cutest little brown eyebrows. *sigh*  She was technically my 6yo son's dog, as it was a bday present for him almost 2 years ago, but she followed me around like a little shadow and would just sit and relax with me and I grew to love her I think even more than my kid did.

We checked the ditch lines on the road Wed night, but didn't see anything, and then Thursday my son and I spent half the day printing flyers and then knocking door to door up and down the roads around the farm here, but nobody had seen her.  Finally a lady called me saying she had seen her in the back of her property early Wed morning, which I figured was when her and Ty had gone off trucking.  But Ty had come home about 3 hours later, at least.

Friday morning I spent some time calling the local Sheriff and all the local vets offices to report her missing, drained the pool (it needed it anyway but we wanted to make sure she wasn't in there), and then I got on the 3wheeler and started off thru the corn/bean fields. Somehow I guess I was just meant to find her because on my way down to the crick, about 1.5 miles from our house (which was the general direction she had last been seen by that one neighbor), out in the bean field, along side their property line, I found her little body. The cyotes musta got her. Fortunately she was still mostly in tact, but you could tell she died fighting. She had the most horrific little snarl on her face. I hope she critically wounded what ever attacked her. I think they left her alone and didn't drag her off or do more damage because Ty kept them at bay or ran them off and then stayed with her until she finally came home by herself. I just knew something was wrong all day Wed, and Thurs because of the way Ty was acting.  She kept whining and acting nervous.

I'm gonna miss that little dog sooo much. She was so a-typical of a jack. She loved cats, she was extremely calm (calmer than Ty and our other dog, a Great Dane), was awesome with my kid (who's unfortunately horrible to animals), and she didn't mind the horses. There will never be another dog like her. She's now in Heaven waiting for me, keeping my great old QH mare company.

I know it's been almost 3 days since I found her, but I can't seem to stop crying.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: We lost our little Foxi...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 09:52:41 pm »
 :'(  poor baby.  i'm so sorry this happened to both her and your family, esp. poor ty.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline lilqhgal

• Gnawer
  • Wataaya
    • View Profile
    • Cowgirl Expressions
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 09:58:57 pm »
thanks schel, yes Ty is very distraught.  I took her to town with me yesterday and there was a little dog barking behind a privacy fence and she started shaking violently.  Then, we pulled up next to a friend of ours who has an older jack who's always riding around in his jeep with him.  Ty got so excited to see him, for a split second, and then realized it wasnt HER jack russell friend, so she started whining and looking around confused, then rooted me some for reassurance.  It kills me, they were such good friends.

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 10:02:28 pm »
 I am so deeply sorry for your loss.  When we lost our beloved rott/lab, Berkley, in January 2006, I often wondered if I'd ever stop crying.  Fortunately, it's true that a little time will heal all wounds, including Ty's. 

Our thoughts are with you...hang in there. 

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 10:07:53 pm »
I so sorry for your loss.  She looked like a very sweet girl.  RIP sweet Foxi.  You and your family are in my thoughts.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 10:09:25 pm »
Ty got so excited to see him, for a split second, and then realized it wasnt HER jack russell friend, so she started whining and looking around confused, then rooted me some for reassurance.  It kills me, they were such good friends.

i can only imagine how hard this would be!  i can't even think of how bad things would be here if something happened to one of our inseparables (diesel and peanut are attached at diesel's ankle).  we've had problems in the area also with coyotes recently.  they can really put a dent in people's lives.  do you work from home or stay home?  how's ty doing when (if) you leave her by herself?
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 10:14:40 pm »
My heart breaks for y'all. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Offline lilqhgal

• Gnawer
  • Wataaya
    • View Profile
    • Cowgirl Expressions
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 10:16:36 pm »
Fortunately I work from home, so she hasn't been left alone since this happened (except for when I take her WITH me and she stays in the car while I run in the store).  I'm afraid to leave her outside by herself completely.  She was always the "follower", as Foxi was the one who'd lead them off on adventures.  She was the biggest dog we had, in her mind.  We live on 7 acres, which isn't completely fenced, so they can get out and run off unfortunately.  We're in SW Ohio too, and the coyotes here are bad.  I swear, I've NEVER wanted to shoot an animal before, but I'm going to start shooting with my dad's .22 just in case.... 

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 10:52:59 pm »
I am so sorry to hear of such a horrible experience. Keeping you in our thoughts at this difficult time. I hope it gets easier for TY

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 01:46:37 am »
I'm so sorry about Foxi.  :( 
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 01:48:31 am »
Today is a year since Navarre passed away, and I'm still crying, just not as much!!  But, he and my cat Stone were best buds.  Stone, who is part siamese, walked the house howling when he didn't come home from the vets with me.  I had a blanket in the car (that had been in there for more than one car ride) and I brought it in and put it in front of the washer to wash later.  I realized it was finally quiet in the house.  That cat laid on the blanket for 3-4 days.  I couldn't bring myself to wash it until he was done with his grieving, so on the day that he asked me to go outside for the first time since Navarre died was the day I washed the blanket.  Not only did Ty lose a friend but she probably witnessed some of it, she'll be ok, it'll take time, as it will with you.  Thoughts are with you.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

k2campbell

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 01:58:19 am »
I'm so sorry for your loss, how heartbreaking for your family and Ty. Thinking of you and sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I'm sure little Foxi is watching over you guys from up there, she'll make sure you are all ok  ;)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 02:21:20 am »
oh my gosh!!  our prayers are with you and your family, both human and animal.  fumble sends lots of sloppy kisses.. you know that she will forever be waiting for you at rainbow bridge!  just know that we're all thinking about you!! :(
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline claire1011

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 02:45:06 am »
Oh dear that is soooooo sad, poor poor Foxi

You will be in our Prayers and Thoughts....Ta ke Care xx

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile