Author Topic: Feeding a Vizsla  (Read 6849 times)

Bella

Feeding a Vizsla
« on: July 14, 2005, 08:46:42 pm »
We have a 12 wk old, 12 lbs bouncing baby Vizsla named Bella and wanted some feeding advice.  She currently eats Natures Variety dry dog food at a 1/2 cup 4 times a day.  We also give her a treat a couple times a week of two Venison Medalions (also by Natures Variety).

Any advice would be fantastic as we don't want our baby to starve or over-eat! ???
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 07:38:27 pm by Bella »

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Feeding a Vizsla
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 08:52:55 pm »
I go through the same questions to myself with Samson...I have been told many times by professionals that if you can feel your dogs ribs under a thin layer of fat they are at the weight they should be & getting enough to eat.

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 09:40:05 pm »
Thats good to hear I have a female fawn boxer and he is 9wk old and probably weights about 14 pounds. She weighted 11 at 7 wks. But she too you can see her ribs but she eats when ever she wants too. I feed I ams right now but will be switching to Blue. this picture was takin today
Boxer slobbers from Dixie and Brutis

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 09:46:13 pm »
Every Boxer pup I've ever seen body looks like yours. :)  She looks great!...It's hard to see Samson's body under all that hair! :-\

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 10:21:42 pm »
Thank you    I have never owned a boxer and have been  alittle overprotective/ paranoid. Samson looks great in all that hair.    We almost got two of samsons breed but thought long and hard wasnt ready for one that big yet. so we went with the boxer lol
Boxer slobbers from Dixie and Brutis

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 10:25:11 pm »
Ty!...We have another Great Pyrenees coming just as soon as we can wrangle 2 days that we can get away to go get her!...Samson is my 1st dog & I, as I will, went for broke!...lol!...Here's Delilah!