Author Topic: I just couldn't stand it!  (Read 4338 times)

Offline lilqhgal

• Gnawer
  • Wataaya
    • View Profile
    • Cowgirl Expressions
I just couldn't stand it!
« on: May 15, 2007, 03:55:39 am »
I just couldn't stand it any more. I was missing Foxi too much (see my thread in the Rainbow Bridge area), and the only thing that kept me from crying was thinking about the day when I'd have another little baby, so lookie what I found! Turns out the guy down the street from me breeds em. She was an only-puppy and she just needed someone to love her! Both mom and dad were on premises and were pretty calm. I drove to my fiance's work so he could see her and he just shook his head at me. Then we had to go to town to go to walmart and get something so I picked up a collar and stuff for her, and we stopped by to see some friends in town (including 1Wildcowgirl!), drove all the way home, met her new dog pack (my akita Ty and the great dane Gozer), met the cats (for the first time ever) and she STILL hasn't made a peep. I really think I may have lucked out on another really good one. She's sleeping on my son's lap right now. Everybody cross your fingers and breathe a little prayer that she's not obnoxious like most jrt's!!! smile

She doesn't have a name yet..... any suggestions?

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: I just couldn't stand it!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 04:24:03 am »
No names, but she's CUTE!

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 04:41:23 am »
Awww.  What a cutie pie. Congratulation s on your new little girl.  I love her face.  As far as names go you are going to get some really great suggestions.   
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 05:29:19 am »
Very cute!  I love the name madison :)
Are you going to be building a fence to keep this little one safe?  I'd hate to see you heartbroken again.

Congratulation s, she is adorable!  I'll start thinking of names, but I just had to second Liz's suggestion, a fence would be a wonderful way to keep the puppy and her new pack mates all safe, that way they can explore and play in an area that you know is safe.  It's just too hard when we lose our beloved pups!  Congrats again!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline lilqhgal

• Gnawer
  • Wataaya
    • View Profile
    • Cowgirl Expressions
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 06:18:03 am »
Fencing in the entire property, unfortunately, is sort of out of the question at this time.  However, when she's a little bit older (and begins to wander), I will train her to a Radio fence.  I have one from when I had my border collie, so that should keep her within about 2 acres around the house.  I can't handle another loss like this! I just got over having to put my mare down last summer.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 08:24:46 am »
that is a lot of roaming room...  esp, since the problem might not necessarily be them getting too far out but the coyote getting too close to your house, and inside of the radio fence...  a small dog run might be a better idea, since then you wouldn't have a coyote running free through the 2 acres, and your poor pupper trapped inside of it b/c of fear of a shock or something.

on another note, she sure is a cutie!  i can't think of any names, but whatever you choose, it's gotta be a cute one!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 11:02:34 am »
how cute she is!!!
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline rayray

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Me and Onyx
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 12:57:36 pm »
awww! i am so happy for you!
My new GSD! He doesn't have a name yet... :/

Onyx: Black German Shepherd - her myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/onyxroxdablox

Sparky: Black and White Shih-Tzu (he likes to play with the big doggies!) his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sparkyboyrox

Offline TomB

• Gnawer
  • Meisi The Landseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 01:50:18 pm »
I'm happy for you. She's pretty.
A name?... How about Maya

marypyrs

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 05:06:42 am »
I'm happy for you that this little friend 'Niijii' (pronounced NE-GEE) helps dry your tears. She looks like the Fire Fox ('Ishkode' (fire) 'Waagosh' fox.)

She's so tiny. I would be frightened for her with coyotes close by. They can be far more a problem than even the Timber Wolf - in my experience in the North Country. They can grab a little one off in the blink of an eye. I would personally be with her at all times when out of the house.

How is she adjusting to her "New Family?" I would love to see more pictures of her. AND your whole Fur Family. :)She's SUCH a pretty little girl. And I love your Akita! What a beautiful dog!