Author Topic: Anyone elses dog have a bladder the size of Texas?  (Read 5009 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Anyone elses dog have a bladder the size of Texas?
« on: July 15, 2005, 10:34:05 am »
Samson is never in any hurry to get out to potty...I took him out last night at midnight & at 10 this morning he was still lying around not seeming at all concerned about going out...He is always like this & always has been...Is this unusual?...Anyone else have this "problem"...lol!

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
Re: Anyone elses dog have a bladder the size of Texas?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 11:09:15 am »
we had a bladder problem with on of our ridgebacks  she was put on a sulpher med..........i t never came back  she is doing great!
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 11:12:07 am »
I am glad she is feeling better!...I have been meaning to tell you that your Ridgebacks are great looking dogs!...My friend found a Ridgeback stray that was starving & took him home...She said he is the best dog they have ever had & is so good with her kids!

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 11:37:43 am »
thank you so much
i just
love the
Ridgebacks

after 20 plus years of having ridebacks  i guess i am doing ok by them

but,,,,,,,,,they own me  lol

my e mail addy is billie4121@aol.com if you would like to keep in contact . and see more of our wonderful photos of our dogs and visa versa

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 11:50:48 am »
I wish I had that problem.   

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 12:29:45 pm »
Rocco can hold his pee forever.  He is never in any hurry to get outside but once out there he will pee for 2 straight minutes.

Maia always has to go.  If I am at work for more than 10 hours which is very rare (1 total commute plus 9 hour day) she will kindly let out little tinkles in her cage.  I end up washing her blanket twice a week.  The vet says she just has a small bladder and that is it best she doesn't hold it all in. 

Soon, I will be Chicago with a roommate who works a different schedule so the dogs will get spoiled. 
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

GR8DAME

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 12:41:24 pm »
Raven will sleep in the AM until whatever human she bunks with gets up. Strider awakens the entire house at 5:30 AM and must go out immediately or there is a lake in his cage. Merlin goes out with Strider no matter what time it is, simply because he may miss something outside. I guess they are all just like people with different size bladders and "holding" power.
Stella

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 12:47:22 pm »
Raven will sleep in the AM until whatever human she bunks with gets up. Strider awakens the entire house at 5:30 AM and must go out immediately or there is a lake in his cage. Merlin goes out with Strider no matter what time it is, simply because he may miss something outside. I guess they are all just like people with different size bladders and "holding" power.
Stella

I don't think I have ever told you but I love all your dogs names.  They are unique but not strange.  The names also all go together so well.  I'll be hunting you down to name my next dog, so start thinking what goes with Rocco and Maia but is unique.
Thanks,

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 12:52:52 pm »
Ours are the same.  One can wait and tinkers forever before pee pee...the other just like the commercial...g otta go gotta go gotta go right now.

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 01:00:13 pm »
hymmmmmmmm any pup over 3 months should be able to hold  his/her pee for 8
unless there is a problem
maybe should check the dog out  make sure it is ok

oh  btw  is the pup crated???

hope all goes well

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 01:03:10 pm »
Maia is crated and she will only have a wet crate if she is in there longer than 10 hours.  Which happens about once a week.  She also drools when she sleeps, is that normal?

She holds it just fine at night which is usually 8 hours long.  It is just on long days in her cage.  The vet has checked her bladder twice in the past 6 months when I was there for her hot spot and when I was there for her and Rocco's shots.  He says she is fine.

Should I get a second opinion.

When I get to Chicago, I plan to find a new vet and get them in there to get used to the vets.
Thanks,

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 01:03:43 pm »
Oh she holds it all day in the crate.  she just loves to go outside and when she does she pees.  She's fine. 

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2005, 12:56:57 pm »
Hera is a social pee'er, she goes with whomever goes out and can pee at all times. If noone else goes out though, she can hold it. Galahad loves to sleep in, in the mornings and when he finally decides that it is time to get up, he needs to go straight out and is doing the peepee for a couple of min's So he must have a giant bladder.

And Greek...... I have had a couple of dogs that drool when they sleep, I think that is totally normal, just like with us, some drool on the pillow some dont (count me in on the ones who dont, hmmmm hubby wont be mentioned in this post hehe)

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2005, 04:44:21 pm »
So....tell me this:  If the bladder is the size of Texas, can Texas be irradicated from the map?  Just kidding! Hahahahahhaah!  Yeah, kick me!  Right here, right now!  :-X ::)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner