Author Topic: HEY GSD People!!  (Read 3381 times)

Offline heidismom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
HEY GSD People!!
« on: May 23, 2007, 12:17:48 am »
good morning everyone, i am new to gsds and this board.  i got my 1 1/2 yr old gsd heidi from the animal shelter about a month and a half ago, since then she has put on 10 pounds and i have lost 10 pounds!  unfortunately i have no pictures of her but have greatly enjoyed all of yours

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: HEY GSD People!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 02:37:15 am »
Welcome to the board. I am new here too.  :) It is a bit addictive even if it is just to come and read about a whole bunch of special big pups!
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 12:04:51 pm »
Welcome and congrats on your baby!!  And good for you for adopting her too!!  This place is FULL of great info, and as was previously stated....ADDI CTIVE! 

Enjoy
H
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 03:29:15 pm »
Hi & welcome!  It's wonderful that you adopted Heidi from a shelter, good for you and great for her!!  It sounds like she is happy and thriving to have gained 10# already.  Congratulation s!  We have Daisy an 8 y/o Golden mix that we've had since she was a puppy and we adopted Cassie & Sammy (Pyrs) a few months ago.  Sammy also came from a shelter (then to Pyr Rescue, then to us) and he's putting on weight now too.  How much more weight do you think that Heidi needs to gain to be up to a healthy weight for her?
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 08:17:34 am »
welcome!! yes, must have pics. cant wait. youre going to love this site! have fun ;D
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline heidismom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 09:16:12 am »
thank you all for your replies.  I don't think she will gain much more, the vet says she is very healthy.  i think maybe she was just a little underweight from being at the shelter and all that stress.  she burns off a lot of nervous energy so the fact that she gained any weight at all was astounding to me! she is a sweet pretty girl and hopefully soon i will be able to get some pictures of her on her.  thanks again!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 09:19:23 am »
I'm so sorry that I missed this thread.  Congrats on your new girl and she sounds like a sweet pup.  Can't wait to see pics of her.  Just have to add that this place is addicting.  Welcome to the board.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience