BPO Legislation Forum > Bills & Other Legislative Acts

I'm having problems with Spook's breeder .....*update* Papers are here !

(1/5) > >>

horsepoor21:
When we picked up Spook , his breeder said she didn't have his AKC papers right then , that because Spook's sire is imported she had to do DNA testing before Spook could be registered so it'd take a little longer . I was okay with that , we have a signed contract between us stating that she will give me my papers . Soooo .... it's been over two months and I CANNOT get ahold of her .I've tried e-mailing her ( I know her computer works as she's still updating her website ....) , I've called over and over again , leaving messages on her answering machine and leaving messages with her family members .... well , today I tried to call again and her phone has been disconnected !!!  >:( So tomorrow I'm sending a registered letter stating that I want my papers within 10 days or I'm going to take her to court .
I just can't believe she is doing this ! I did my research and she had a wonderful reputation and we talked for over two years before I got Spook !
On Saturday I'm meeting my parents in a town close to where the breeder is located and planning on going out there to see if they even live there anymore  :-\

So , if I can't find her / get ahold of her . What is my next step ? I've only been to a court house to register to vote and renew my tags .LOL I have no idea where to even start with this . Please help me ! Thankyou so much !
-Amy

horsepoor21:
I've never had to wait that long for papers before ? Huh ... Every time I've registered my dogs it only takes a week or so . It's not like I need them right now . I am just scared since she refuses to contact me . ???

newfiesx3:
I am so sorry you are having this problem. You are upset, justly so! I have lots of lawyerly advice I can give. I would need some info to get you going in the proper direction. Please let me know if I can PM you some questions and go from there. You are on the right direction with the certified letter. Be sure any e-mail you send her, you also cc yourself and one other person. If she is a registered breeder with AKC or a member of NCA, notify them ASAP. In order to breed under Bylaws of AKC you must maintain the integrity of those very Bylaws. Not to alarm you, but both Elvis and Stitch came from Germany. They have 10 generation of CH pedigree and an EU passport registered with 5 countries. When I spoke with AKC, all they needed was the papers and they sent the registration without issue. Never did they say they needed DNA.
OOOH! I'm so mad for you >:( I just want my dogs to lift a leg on people like that!

horsepoor21:
Oh please ! PM me or e-mail me at horsepoor21@yahoo.com I need help !  ;D

Your line about wishing your dogs would lift their leg on someone like that made me laugh out loud .LOL !  ;D

marypyrs:
First of all Amy. Take a DEEP BREATH! It can take a few months. I have a really close friendship with and great respect for the breeder of my guys and know her well. AKC can take a while. AND it did with Whisper. I suppose if I hadn't, I would have been more concerned.

So = while you should certainly keep a "Heads Up" and be prepared. Don't panic just yet. Just do your homework. Have your paper work in order. Be prepared. Send the Registerd Letter. But PLEASE KNOW, Sweetie, that these Court Cases can be a nightmare! I'm in one right now with a Contractor who was hired for AND PAID FOR a new Horse Barn. Two and a half years later, many thousands of dollars in Attorney fees, and a barn that is falling apart = the fight still goes on. (But I'm a VERY strong and stuborn person. Beyond a fault.)

You just take care of yourself. And those beautiful Wee Ones. Chances are great that it's going to work out just fine. (& give Cole one great BIG HUG!!! from 'Great Auntie Jane')

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version