Author Topic: Part Two: A Story About Saint Butterfly  (Read 7185 times)

Saint Butterfly

Part Two: A Story About Saint Butterfly
« on: May 30, 2007, 11:46:16 am »
Hello Again everyone,

I thought tonight I might write another story about Butterfly.

My Whole house is sleeping, and i was left awake with a head full of thoughts tonight... I spent Most of the night sitting on the Back deck with my Loyal Companion laying at my feet.She sits there Quiet with the ocassional little growl when she hears something moving in the Woods... I feel very safe with Her sitting there with me,  also enjoy her being willing to stay up late with me everynight when everyone else is sleeping.

She always gets right up as soon as i move to follow me in the house.. She will come in and check on everyone who is sleeping....I always kinda smile at her, And say .."Every Thing Cool Big Mama".... And then she plops down right infront of the front door.

Thru the night Butterfly is always walking around like she is patroling the house, and then back to the door...It is easy to hear her waking up in the Middle of the night... She is so Big, and being stealth is not one of her things  ;)

Earlier today A man came to our House to give us an Estimate for a Fence... Being that there is a PitBull in the Area i don't want to take any chances. We live in the country, So we have never had the need for one before, Well anyway, so when the man pulled up in the Driveway Butterfly ran up to his truck to greet him, Of Course with her Big Loud Bark... I could see the look of fear all over this Mans Face....Of course i do not blame him... He does not know Butterfly, and to look at her is Kinda Scary if you are not Familar with her... I told him She was a Really good Dog, and that she would not hurt him... As he got out of his truck He looked Kinda Shakey and Nervous... Butterfly walked over to me and stood with the Kids.

I really felt sorry for this Man... I can relate to being afraid of Dogs.... When i was a small Child i was attacked by my Grandmothers Doberman pincher....It took me awhile to understand them.. Funny now i can look back, and understand why the Dog did it, He was protecting his spot in his Pack...Not that it makes it Ok... But Dogs are Dogs, and they still have  an Instinct.

Ok Well not to change the Subject...So as the man and I walked around the yard to measure it Butterfly was walking right beside us, and  of course with little children Following right behind me asking me every Question you could possibly think of... I actually am tickled by it now as i write it, But it was not so funny at the time, I could barley talk to this guy, because I was Busy with the Kids. Butterfly continued to follow the Man around the Yard...He did seem to be more comfortable with her... He did seem pretty relaxed.... I also felt more comfortable with him in my Yard... After all i am a Stay at home Mama out in the Country with a Strange man at my house... My own instinct would make me a little bit more aware, Stranger things have happened. Well, by the Time he gave me the estimate he was petting on Butterfly without seeming Nervous at all, And Butterfly seemed to think he was a pretty cool Guy... Which i must agree.

He seemed like a good Honest Family Man... He also shared a Story with me about his Dog, and how he too had a neighbor with a PitBull, And How it attacked his Black Lab... A Dog he is Crazy about, Obvious by the way he spoke of him....Well, He understood my reason for the Fence, and was willing to work on price with me a little bit, Being that the price was way out of our Budget, He also said he could start it right away due to the urgency.I have had a few other estimates and every thing was six weeks to wait, and much more expensive....W ell, i guess the Moral of my Story is just how intersting it is that Dogs Just know, But also how we just Know as well...

Goodnight to you all, I look forward to Visting you all here again

Kind Regards,
Shell
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 12:06:50 am by Saint Butterfly »

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Part Two: A Story About Saint Butterfly
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 12:16:22 pm »
that is a good story, it is amazing how a dogs instincts work, one would be ignorant to ever ignore them.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 10:49:50 am »
Hey! First off I want to say you have such a gorgeous girl, I really think she's pretty!

Just something bothered me in your story and I'm not trying to start anything, but I felt like I had to mention something. I just hope you don't think all pit bulls are evil and vicious from the one that went after you. Most pit bulls that attack are untrained, unfixed, dogs owned by stupid people. So yea I'll shut up now and hope you don't think i'm being rude of anything. Sorry.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline Bernertomboi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 02:59:20 pm »
Butterfly's stories are wonderful to read.  It seems as though you got a wonderful girl that cares a great deal about you and your family.  Keep posting her stories I love reading them!

Dogs instincts amaze me.  I know what you mean completly about feeling safe with your girl by your side.  Since I was a little kid I have had nightmares if I feel alone or am alone in a house.  Once we got my Springer they went away and came back when I moved away from college.  I have only had Maddax two weeks, but have not had a single one since.  It is that feeling that if you are ever in danger they will give their lives for you. (My sister is the same way that is why the Springer, Abby, that I had lives with my family still)

Saint Butterfly

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 08:44:37 pm »
Bernertomboi.. .. Thankyou for your Kind Post.. Congratulation s to you and your New companion Maddax.. Your Puppy is Very Beautiful... A woman in my area Breeds and shows Bernese Mountain Dogs... I often see her at My oldest daughter's Softball Games.... She is always bringing one of her Dogs with her... Puppies and adult Dogs...They are amazing looking Dogs, and they are so well behaved.... There is always another Woman there with a small Dachsun who always enjoys playing with the Dogs she brings with her, and they are always so gentle with this Tiny Dog... It is amazing to watch These huge Dogs be so gentle....She owns 29 of them.... I could only imagine what a Wonderful Sight it is to be at her house ;)... Enjoy your new Friend as i am Sure you have a Wonderful Life ahead of you with him, And i am sure you will have many wonderful Stories to share as well.... I look forward to hearing More about You and Maddax..... Also... Very good name... It seems like a very fitting name for him ;).... Best wishes to you!

Dober-gurl..... Are you a Pitbull owner?... My story is not meant to offend of Bash any dog... In my case it happens to be a Pitbull That tryed to attack my Son, and was Saved by my own Dog "Butterfly".... As i am Sure Most Pitbull owners would agree a Pitbull in the hands of the wrong person can be Threat to small children and other Dogs, But the same can go for any Dog.... Unfortunatly there are more Irresponsible Pitbull owners then there are Good Ones...Pitbull s are beautiful Puppies, and easy to fall in love with... They are very much over breed by irresponsible people.... In No way do i want to take away from people who are responsible with their Pitbulls... I know they are out there, and a Pitbull that is in good hands are truely amazing Dogs, But If they are in Bad hands then it can be a Big problem... Again.. That goes for any dog.... I know that a Saint in the Wrong Hands can be a Scarey Dog as well... And in the End i also know that how a Dog behaves is the responsibilty of the Owner.... My Brother raises Pitbulls, and he is very good with them.... They are very Beautiful Dogs, and very well behaved, But he is the first person to tell his own Children That all Pitbulls are not like his, and to be very aware of that.... And again, That is with all Dogs, But Pitbulls are very Strong as we all know, So we may not have another Chance if we come across one in the hands of a irresponsible owner, and unfortunatly they are the Majority, ..... I hope I do not offend anyone who is a Pitbull owner, That is not my purpose, But in my situation that is the Dog I feel the need to protect my Children against right now, Being that I had one charge my Yard to get my Son.... Had it been a little Jack russel then that would be my Dog of Choice to talk about, But it would not be insinuating that all Dogs are the Same, and i am sure i still would be getting a fence up, being that i have small children, and I don't want to see them get Bit or attacked at the Hands of a Irresponsible Dog owner...Talkin g about a Certain Breed can be a touchy subject, and there are always going to be people who are offended thinking that it is about the whole breed...But that is not always the case, But in my case It happens to be about a Pitbull.

Cheers,
Shell

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 04:06:00 am »
I'm a doberman owner with lots of pit bull rescues under my belt. lol

No offense taken here, I understand that safety of the children must come first. Good luck with the fence though!
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline Bernertomboi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 05:27:51 am »
Thank you very much.  I would love to be around 29 berners they are so much fun! 

Saint Butterfly

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 09:52:02 am »
Dober-Gurl

I think it it Great that you have taken on Pitbull rescues... Good for you... I completly respect you for that, any woman who is willing to save Pitbulls or any other Dog is a good Woman!...

Best Wishes to you Friend,
Shell

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 09:57:49 pm »
Bernertomboi.... Thankyou for your Kind Post.. Congratulation s to you and your New companion Maddax.. Your Puppy is Very Beautiful... A woman in my area Breeds and shows Bernese Mountain Dogs... I often see her at My oldest daughter's Softball Games.... She is always bringing one of her Dogs with her... Puppies and adult Dogs...They are amazing looking Dogs, and they are so well behaved.... There is always another Woman there with a small Dachsun who always enjoys playing with the Dogs she brings with her, and they are always so gentle with this Tiny Dog... It is amazing to watch These huge Dogs be so gentle....She owns 29 of them.... I could only imagine what a Wonderful Sight it is to be at her house ;)... Enjoy your new Friend as i am Sure you have a Wonderful Life ahead of you with him, And i am sure you will have many wonderful Stories to share as well.... I look forward to hearing More about You and Maddax..... Also... Very good name... It seems like a very fitting name for him ;).... Best wishes to you!

Dober-gurl..... Are you a Pitbull owner?... My story is not meant to offend of Bash any dog... In my case it happens to be a Pitbull That tryed to attack my Son, and was Saved by my own Dog "Butterfly".... As i am Sure Most Pitbull owners would agree a Pitbull in the hands of the wrong person can be Threat to small children and other Dogs, But the same can go for any Dog.... Unfortunatly there are more Irresponsible Pitbull owners then there are Good Ones...Pitbull s are beautiful Puppies, and easy to fall in love with... They are very much over breed by irresponsible people.... In No way do i want to take away from people who are responsible with their Pitbulls... I know they are out there, and a Pitbull that is in good hands are truely amazing Dogs, But If they are in Bad hands then it can be a Big problem... Again.. That goes for any dog.... I know that a Saint in the Wrong Hands can be a Scarey Dog as well... And in the End i also know that how a Dog behaves is the responsibilty of the Owner.... My Brother raises Pitbulls, and he is very good with them.... They are very Beautiful Dogs, and very well behaved, But he is the first person to tell his own Children That all Pitbulls are not like his, and to be very aware of that.... And again, That is with all Dogs, But Pitbulls are very Strong as we all know, So we may not have another Chance if we come across one in the hands of a irresponsible owner, and unfortunatly they are the Majority, ..... I hope I do not offend anyone who is a Pitbull owner, That is not my purpose, But in my situation that is the Dog I feel the need to protect my Children against right now, Being that I had one charge my Yard to get my Son.... Had it been a little Jack russel then that would be my Dog of Choice to talk about, But it would not be insinuating that all Dogs are the Same, and i am sure i still would be getting a fence up, being that i have small children, and I don't want to see them get Bit or attacked at the Hands of a Irresponsible Dog owner...Talkin g about a Certain Breed can be a touchy subject, and there are always going to be people who are offended thinking that it is about the whole breed...But that is not always the case, But in my case It happens to be about a Pitbull.

Cheers,
Shell

I am soo happy to hear that you do not feel all pitbulls are bad. :D so often i run across uneducated mean people when with my little girl. :'(  >:(And we don't even have a big problem with pitbulls here. Anyway. I hope the irresponsible owner is called on and taken care of because its people like this that cause us pitbull owners such heartache :'(Well good luck and have a great day! ;D
Mommy to
one baby girl 1 yr and one boy 3 yrs
pitbull Justice-70 lbs. @ 10 mos.
2 kitties Thelma and Louise 1 year.