Author Topic: A Story about My Saints bond with My Children  (Read 8890 times)

Saint Butterfly

A Story about My Saints bond with My Children
« on: May 26, 2007, 08:25:26 am »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Shell, I am the proud Partner of a Beautiful Female Saint Bernard named " Butterfly".
 We named her that because she has a pattern on her back in the shape of a large Butterfly.... The name also became very fitting of her once she grew up...She is almost 4 years old.

I am new here to this Forum.... Actually owning a computer is new to me as well, so i am not so sure of the etiquet in joining into a Forum... I hope you do not mind me starting off my first Post the way i am.

I was very excited to see there was a place where people spoke about loving their dogs, and people who have Saint Bernards...I do not know any one who has had a Saint before, There is so much about her i would Love to share with someone who may appreciate it.

Although Butterfly is very Special, and people are always drawn to the way she carries herself. She is very Graceful, Yet very strong at the same time.

Besides having Butterfly, I am also a Mother of 3 children.. 12,3,2... Butterfly is like having 2 Mama's in the house. She is always keeping a close eye on the Children.

A few months ago my 2 year old Daughter had a Seizure.... Butterfly Must have known it was gooing to happen, Because she stood in front of her with her tail pointing Staight out, And letting out a Bark i have never heard before, At that point my daughter started to Sieze..... When my Baby girl came home from the Hospital Butterfly layed beside her for 2 weeks Untill she knew that she was Ok.

My Baby Girl Jojo will sit infront of Butterfly and sing Twinkle Twinkle little star to her.... They have a very sweet Bond... Her Bonds with my Children seem to Mimic the same way i am Bonded with them.... Each Child is different, and they are all treated a little bit different in their own kind of way....It is very Sweet to watch... It is one of those things that can make a Woman feel very proud of her life.

A few weeks ago a Pitbull ran into our yard when my Children, Butterfly and myself were outside... The Pitbull Charged after My Son who is 3 years old, It looked as if the PitBull was chasing Prey.Butterfly Charged after this Dog right before he grabbed my Son.... She fought with him in the yard... It was a Very vicious fight... My oldest Daughter grabbed the little children and ran in the house....Butte rfly hurt the Dog, and sent it yelping out of our Yard. She chased him to make sure he was leaving this Yard.She patrolled the Yard for a few minutes to make sure it was safe, Then she came up the porch steps without a scatch on her... She came in the house as if she was comforting the Children. It took me a little bit to register what had happened... I was so shakin that this dog could have attacked my Son, and Worried that My Dog had just got in a fight with a Pitbull.... But when I calmed down i was amazed by the Loyalty of Butterfly.... She had saved my Son, She protected my Family.

To see the Kind of Power she had, When she is such a Loving Dog... Her instinct is that of a Mother, Without even being a Mother herself..... She is truely an amazing Dog... She is My Partner, and i am very Grateful to know her... I admire her.......

Thankyou to whom ever has read this... I felt by writing this about Butterfly was a good way for me to Honor her... She may not be aware of how i feel about her, But then again i think she is ;)... I justed wanted to be able to share my Story of my Very Special Saint Butterfly... I look forward to sharing more of them in the Future.

Kind, regards to you all
Shell    
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 11:26:11 am by Saint Butterfly »

mama23+pyrs2

Re: A Story about My Saints bond with My Children
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 08:31:11 am »
Welcome! That was a beautiful story and an awesome introduction to you and your family! Look forward to hearing more about Butterfly and seeing her pics! I'd love to see her markings. :) All my babies are in my signature. :)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 09:07:59 am »
Hi Shell, welcome!  Isn't it wonderful to have that kind of bond with your dog?  I am also the mom of 3 kids, and we have 3 dogs. Daisy is our Golden mix, Cassie & Sammy are our Great Pyrenees' and we have our kitties, too.  I can't wait to see pics of your beautiful Butterfly and that wonderful marking that inspired her name!  You'll find lots of support, great advice, and plenty of laughs here, too.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline RacheH

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 02:35:30 pm »
That's an amazing story Shell! I'm Rachel and i'm also new here. One of the purest things in life is having such a strong bond with your pet, be it dog, cat, horse, parrot... whatever... Animals, and dogs in particular, are so loyal. They have no preferences, don't ask for much, and will die to protect those they love. In other words, their love in unconditional. ..

Lord Bryon wrote a beautiful poem for his dog, Boatswain, a Newfoundland, but i'm sure in his heart he was writing for all dogs, please read this until the end, as it's extremely touching:

When some proud son of man returns to earth
Unknown to glory, but upheld by birth,
The sculptur'd art exhausts the art of woe,
And stoned urns record who rest below;
When all is done, updon the tomb is seen,
Not what he was, but what he should have been;
But the poor Dog, in life the firmest friend,
The first to welcome, foremost to defend;
Whose honest heart is still his master's own,
Who labours, fights, lives, breathes, for him him alone
Unhonour'd falls, unnoticed all his worth,
Denied in Heaven the soul he held on earth;
Whilte man, vain insect! hopes to be forgiven,
And claims himself sole exclusive of Heaven!
Oh, man! thou feeble tenant of an hour,
Debas'd by slavery, or corrupt by power,
Who knows thee well, must quit thee with disgust,
Degraded mass of animated dust!
By nature vile, ennobled but by name,
Each kindered brute might bid thee blush for shame.
Ye! who, perchance, behold this single Urn
Pass on--it none you with to mourn:

To mark a Friend's remains these stones arise,
I never knew but one, and here he lies.

Newstead Abbey, November 30th, 1808

On the pedestal supporting the antique urn he had inscribed:

Near this spot
Are deposited the remains of one
Who possessed Beauty without Vanity
Strength without Insolence
Courage without Ferocity
And all the Virtues of Man without his Vices
This praise which would be
Unmeaning flattery
If inscribed over Human ashes is but a just tribute to the memory of BOATSWAIN, a Dog
Who was born at Newfoundland, May 1803,
and Died at Newstead Abbey,
November 18, 1808.
"There is no such thing as a Bad Dog..."

Saint Butterfly

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 07:42:36 am »
Hello RacheH

Thankyou you very much for the Beautiful Poem...It was very nice, and i could understand how this Man felt for his Dog... His words were very Deep and Genuine.... Thankyou for Sharing... I am sure many other people will read it and Appreciate it as well...

Sincerley,
Shell

marypyrs

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 08:16:13 am »
Hi Shell! Welcome to you and your Family! I'm Jane. And Mom to Rainbow & Whisper (Pyrs) & Commander, Valley, and Bugsy. (horses) And two fully grown up Sons.

Saint Butterfly's story is wonderful! She is not just beautiful. She's a treasure.

You'll love it here.  :D

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 08:54:36 am »
yes you will love it here. butterfly is georgeous!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 09:27:19 am »
She is gorgeous! Such uniqe markings. She sure looks like she loves her kids. :)

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 09:58:42 pm »
h*ll Shell, I too know the joys of "Sainthood" LOL!  My big baby boy is Teddy, he's 1 yr 5 months old now and I can't imagine being without him in our lives.  I have 2 kids as well, 6&8, and Teddy is their best freind and playmate.  Saints are sooo wonderful!  Hope you will stick around and share even more of your Butterfly with us.
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 02:56:41 am »
Hi, Shell!  Welcome!  I am Salli, also a member of the "Sainthood" with Annie, our senior saint (7 yrs. old) who joined our family in April.
Welcome to BPO!  You'll love it here.
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 03:12:55 am »
I love Butterfly's markings, she is beautiful!  The pics of her with the kids are wonderful, she looks like the best buddy they could possibly have.  What a sweet girl!  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 05:16:57 am »
Hi Shell,thanks for sharing your wonderful Saint story and the pics of your beautiful girl!!!My oldest Saint Butt(4) is very protective of all "his" birds.If there is a noise from them at night I better watch out because he will run me over trying to get to them first :)
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 09:42:49 pm »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Shell, I am the proud Partner of a Beautiful Female Saint Bernard named " Butterfly".
 We named her that because she has a pattern on her back in the shape of a large Butterfly.... The name also became very fitting of her once she grew up...She is almost 4 years old.

I am new here to this Forum.... Actually owning a computer is new to me as well, so i am not so sure of the etiquet in joining into a Forum... I hope you do not mind me starting off my first Post the way i am.

I was very excited to see there was a place where people spoke about loving their dogs, and people who have Saint Bernards...I do not know any one who has had a Saint before, There is so much about her i would Love to share with someone who may appreciate it.

Although Butterfly is very Special, and people are always drawn to the way she carries herself. She is very Graceful, Yet very strong at the same time.

Besides having Butterfly, I am also a Mother of 3 children.. 12,3,2... Butterfly is like having 2 Mama's in the house. She is always keeping a close eye on the Children.

A few months ago my 2 year old Daughter had a Seizure.... Butterfly Must have known it was gooing to happen, Because she stood in front of her with her tail pointing Staight out, And letting out a Bark i have never heard before, At that point my daughter started to Sieze..... When my Baby girl came home from the Hospital Butterfly layed beside her for 2 weeks Untill she knew that she was Ok.

My Baby Girl Jojo will sit infront of Butterfly and sing Twinkle Twinkle little star to her.... They have a very sweet Bond... Her Bonds with my Children seem to Mimic the same way i am Bonded with them.... Each Child is different, and they are all treated a little bit different in their own kind of way....It is very Sweet to watch... It is one of those things that can make a Woman feel very proud of her life.

A few weeks ago a Pitbull ran into our yard when my Children, Butterfly and myself were outside... The Pitbull Charged after My Son who is 3 years old, It looked as if the PitBull was chasing Prey.Butterfly Charged after this Dog right before he grabbed my Son.... She fought with him in the yard... It was a Very vicious fight... My oldest Daughter grabbed the little children and ran in the house....Butte rfly hurt the Dog, and sent it yelping out of our Yard. She chased him to make sure he was leaving this Yard.She patrolled the Yard for a few minutes to make sure it was safe, Then she came up the porch steps without a scatch on her... She came in the house as if she was comforting the Children. It took me a little bit to register what had happened... I was so shakin that this dog could have attacked my Son, and Worried that My Dog had just got in a fight with a Pitbull.... But when I calmed down i was amazed by the Loyalty of Butterfly.... She had saved my Son, She protected my Family.

To see the Kind of Power she had, When she is such a Loving Dog... Her instinct is that of a Mother, Without even being a Mother herself..... She is truely an amazing Dog... She is My Partner, and i am very Grateful to know her... I admire her.......

Thankyou to whom ever has read this... I felt by writing this about Butterfly was a good way for me to Honor her... She may not be aware of how i feel about her, But then again i think she is ;)... I justed wanted to be able to share my Story of my Very Special Saint Butterfly... I look forward to sharing more of them in the Future.

Kind, regards to you all
Shell    

That is a great story!!! Kudos Butterfly. Thank you for sharing your story and i am very happy for that all turned out all right!!! ;D
Mommy to
one baby girl 1 yr and one boy 3 yrs
pitbull Justice-70 lbs. @ 10 mos.
2 kitties Thelma and Louise 1 year.