Author Topic: which food should we choose?  (Read 3661 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
which food should we choose?
« on: May 26, 2007, 08:37:28 pm »
Hey all!!  i was just wondering... i've begun the great food debate again! lol!!  i've narrowed it down to two types of food for the fumbs, because they dont' contain chicken or eggs, and they're both for allergy prone dogs!  we've narrowed it down to California natural the herring and sweet potato, and the pinnacle trout.  which do you all think would be a good idea??  I've read that you need to supplement with the CN, and i'm not sure what else i would add??  And i think i read that some dogs don't like pinnaclE! i swear this debate will never end! lol!!  i think it's all trial and error!  but i was just curious about what you all might think before i go buy a small bag!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: which food should we choose?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 09:03:02 pm »
ooh i also read about solid gold over the moon...
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 10:14:28 pm »
we are on Pinnacle Duck and Potato. The girls love it! Tonka has IBD and this is the only food she can tolerate.

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 10:16:02 pm »
Does fumbs have any grain allergies that you know of? The Solid Gold "barking at the moon" is grain free.. Might be worth a try.

Bubba's ears used to get really gunky, fast.. but since switching to a grain free kibble his ears are much better. He still has some buildup but he also has environmental allergies too. :(

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 11:51:26 pm »
well... we went up to brewster to look at food cause our local store didn't have ANYTHInG!  and the gal up there said that the solid gold is more for putting weight on, and that the california might not be good because of his allergies, so she gave me the natural balance duck and potato allergy one, and i gave fumble a few little pieces and he seemed to eat it right up, so we'll see how it goes in the next couple of days!

marypyrs

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 12:55:02 am »
I know that some don't agree with me on Solid Gold. But I swear by it. Especially for large/giant breed dogs (& with allergies).

One of my Fosters stands out in mind. "Puppers" was a two year old Pyr/Shep who had already been in five homes before he came here. He had chewed his paws raw. His ears were a mess. He had bald spots all over his body. He scratched and chewed incessantly. He was miserable! It took a good month to see a difference. And even longer for him to finally get a beautiful coat. But it takes time. It's not an overnight fix. It takes many weeks to get something out of the system.

I put him on the Wolf King WITH SEAMEAL added. That's an important factor!= the seameal =

I'm looking for a pic of him "after". I'll find it yet. ;)

Anyway. He finally, after 8 months with us, found a wonderful Forever Home. One of the stipulations was that they keep him on a good diet. Preferably what he'd been fed here. (Plus the understanding that if it didn't work out - he would be brought back here.)

BTW, I also feed a balanced organic diet along with the kibbles to my Fur Babies.  :)

Now - the most important thing! How's your beautiful Fumble doing with his rehab after the surgery? Any updates on his recovery? Still doing well?

MANY HUGS to your wonderful boy!