Author Topic: Butt and Tub Pics  (Read 11532 times)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Butt and Tub Pics
« on: May 29, 2007, 06:37:46 am »
I haven't had much computer time in the last few months,so I thought I would post some new pics of the boys.Tub is growing like a weed,I always ask him where that cute puppy I brought home went :)He just turned 7 months,tomorrow I'm taking him to get a weight on him,I'm sure he has topped the 100 mark.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Butt and Tub Pics
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 06:51:03 am »
Oh my gosh, Tub has grown so much!!!  100 pounds???  I remember when he was a tiny little ball of fluff!  :o  They both look so handsome now.  It's great to see them!   ;D 

Were you able to schedule Butt's x-rays?  I'll be thinking of him.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 06:56:33 am »
They are so adorable!!! And your bed is taken!
I love their beds! Where did you get it?
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 07:37:22 am »
GoldenPyrs:It seems like Tub was tha little ball of fluff just a few days ago!!! Butt's Xrays are schedule for next Monday at 10:45,and I'm already getting nervous.I've been trying to get a good video of him limping so the vet can see exactly what I'm talking about.

People Whisperer :Yes my bed is just about always taken,but not until I'm actually ready to go to bed ;D I bought their air beds at the local Pet Supplies Plus.I went in for treats and they had them on sale,so I thought I would give them a try.I actually bought all the air beds and sleeping bags they had and put the medium ones on Ebay ;)

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 07:42:40 am »
OH MY!! Where DID that little puppy go?!?  Wow, they're both lookin' great and sooo big!  Thanks so much for posting those pics, I've missed those two!  ;D

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 07:51:45 am »
ohh that is too funny I think I just bid on your bed.....lol the round one....for Farley...hahah ah

WOW ...where did the lil' Tub go. He is so handsome   :o

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 08:04:40 am »
GoldenPyrs:It seems like Tub was tha little ball of fluff just a few days ago!!! Butt's Xrays are schedule for next Monday at 10:45,and I'm already getting nervous.I've been trying to get a good video of him limping so the vet can see exactly what I'm talking about.

I feel for you, I know how hard it is to wait.  The video is a great idea!  Is his limp consistant or intermittant and have you noticed anything in particular that makes it better or worse?  You are doing the right thing getting the x-ray.  There are many bone & joint problems that have a much better outcome with an early diagnosis & treatment.  We had Daisy's leg x-rayed in November b/c she'd just started to limp and it was the early signs of arthritis.  We've helped her lose 5# and put her on glucosamine and she's doing fine now.  Hang in there and please give him a big hug for me, he's such a cutie.
Marie

And my pups:

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 08:09:24 am »
ohh that is too funny I think I just bid on your bed.....lol the round one....for Farley...hahah ah

WOW ...where did the lil' Tub go. He is so handsome   :o

I don't know where my lil' Tub went,but somedays I sure miss that lil guy ;)He is already taller then Butt even!!

And yes you sure did!!If you want I will end it early,so it doesn't go up anymore.

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 08:17:39 am »

I feel for you, I know how hard it is to wait.  The video is a great idea!  Is his limp consistant or intermittant and have you noticed anything in particular that makes it better or worse?  You are doing the right thing getting the x-ray.  There are many bone & joint problems that have a much better outcome with an early diagnosis & treatment.  We had Daisy's leg x-rayed in November b/c she'd just started to limp and it was the early signs of arthritis.  We've helped her lose 5# and put her on glucosamine and she's doing fine now.  Hang in there and please give him a big hug for me, he's such a cutie.
I guess I would say it is intermittant.S ome days it's barely there and other days he looks like he's 100 yrs old when he walks.When it is really bad it looks like his elbows are stiff and he's walking straight legged.It is on both sides,but worse on his left side.I think it shows up most after he has been sleeping,that is why I've been adding beds all over the house to try and keep him off the floor.That doesn't always work though ;) They are both on Synovi soft chews so they are getting their glucosamine.I will definitely give him a hug for you!!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 08:31:27 am »

I guess I would say it is intermittant.S ome days it's barely there and other days he looks like he's 100 yrs old when he walks.When it is really bad it looks like his elbows are stiff and he's walking straight legged.It is on both sides,but worse on his left side.I think it shows up most after he has been sleeping,that is why I've been adding beds all over the house to try and keep him off the floor.That doesn't always work though ;) They are both on Synovi soft chews so they are getting their glucosamine.I will definitely give him a hug for you!!

It's good that he's already on it.  Unfortunately, I used to think that glucosamine was only a treatment, not a preventative, so I wish that I'd started Daisy earlier like you have Butt & Tub.  :( I have Cassie & Sam both on it now.  The soft beds sound wonderful, and it sounds like you are doing everything possible for now.  It's interesting that the limp is intermittant and seems to be on both sides.  :-\  I don't remember Butt's story or if you know who his breeder was.  If so, they may be able to cast some light on his family history.  Cassie was re-homed to us and Sammy was a rescue, so we don't know what to expect with any of ours.  I'm sure that the x-ray will give so much more info. 
Marie

And my pups:

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 08:16:48 pm »
Love the pics!  Thank so much for sharing!  Its amazing to watch these baby giants grow up so quickly!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 09:34:44 pm »
Such cute pics!! Can't believe how big they are!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 09:43:21 pm »
great pics! It is great to see your boys! I too cant believe how much Tub has grown!