Author Topic: No! He's a Landseer, Dangit!  (Read 36240 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: No! He's a Landseer, Dangit!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 09:01:24 am »
AAWWwwww he is so cute!!  I have a flat coated retriever and noone knows what he is (generally they think he is an emaciated black lab!)

Since joining this board I have wanted numerous breeds of dogs but I have been on a landseer kick for a few months (sadly hubby doesn't think I need another dog)

Randy & Harley

Offline Becki

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 09:25:23 am »
Thank you guys so much.  I don't have children, but I feel the pride of a parent every time someone compliments him.  Until he does something rotten. 

For example, today I took him to work with me (luckily my manager owns a newf and encourages me to bring him into the office) and he poops on the conference room floor during a conferenc call.  It was on speaker phone so everyone heard the groans from the smell.  Quite embarrassing.. .as everyone knows, it's not a small event. 

Has anyone else here heard of the Newfsgonebad calendar?  He should be on the cover of that. 

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 09:30:30 am »
Dumb me!  The first time I saw a Landseer I said Oh look someone crossed a Pyrenees with a Newf!

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 09:33:23 am »
it is very rare that when i am ringing the bell for the SA with my landseers that people actually know what mine are.
i feel like a broken record educating the public on what type of dog, the variety and what they eat, the grooming and etc.
have fun! educate, and enjoy!
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Offline Becki

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 09:41:06 am »
Sarnewfie,

Yours is absolutely gorgeous!!!  Wow!

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2007, 10:09:15 am »
Thank you guys so much.  I don't have children, but I feel the pride of a parent every time someone compliments him.  Until he does something rotten. 

Has anyone else here heard of the Newfsgonebad calendar?  He should be on the cover of that. 

Becki you have me laughing out loud here.  I work for the electric company in my area and I am covering outages, so there aren't many people here.  It's quiet and everybody's grumbly because we're getting yelled at by customers who want their power back on.  You can hear me laughing around the whole call center and everybody's looking at me.  I just can't stop thinking that Sierra is the same way.  I love her so much and I'm so proud to show her off and then in the next heartbeat she's SO BAD and she completely embarasses me!!  She's lucky she's so darn cute.  Sometimes it's the only thing that saves her...LOL!

Your landseer is so beautiful!  I always wanted a landseer, but the family wanted a black...majori ty rules.  But now I can't imagine NOT having her.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Becki

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 10:45:14 am »
Aren't dogs awesome?  I was out with friends and all I looked forward to was getting home to Molson.  I cut the night short to come hang out with him.  Some people don't understand that?

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2007, 11:22:31 am »
No they don't understand.  I'm stuck here at work...it's now 11:30 pm been here since 9 am and all I want is Sierra with me so I can smoosh around all the loose skin on her face and give her kisses.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 11:34:38 am »
Dumb me!  The first time I saw a Landseer I said Oh look someone crossed a Pyrenees with a Newf!

Ha, ha I did, too!   :-[   I love Landseers, they are one of my favorite breeds.  Becki, your baby is adorable and the poop & door knob stories cracked me up!  Newly Newfed I sure hope that you get home and smoosh & kiss Sierra shortly.  What a long day!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Becki

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 07:33:46 pm »
I've got another pic to share...some of you might have already seen it but it's still one of my favorites and you might be able to see the look he gets on his face when he's being a brat.

Nicole

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2007, 12:43:00 am »
Don't get me wrong...I love that Molson gets attention which is constantly.  I just get irritated that they don't realize that he's not just any dog...he's a NEWFIE!

Awww...none of our dogs are "just any dog"  :-[

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 02:15:21 am »
I honestly had no idea what a Newf looked like until I joined this board and saw some and started looking them up to find out about them. If I ever saw one before, I'd have no idea what it was though. And no, I've never seen one. We don't see many large dogs where I live for some reason. I too, always ask what the dog is if I'm interested in it. I never guess unless I'm pretty sure I'm right. ;)

I never mind getting asked what mine are either, most people don't know the breed and ask me.. I don't think I've had a guess yet though! Anyone that asks about them just loves them and is intrigued by them so that makes me and them feel good! After they find out what they are, they usually still aren't familiar with them or have never seen one, so then the next question is always 'how old are they?' and then 'how big will they get?' always follows haha. The majority of people that see them have no idea they are even puppies.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 04:09:30 am »
I get asked what my pups are all the time.  Most people when they guess ask me what kind of shepherd mix they are.  I think I've only had one person actually ask me if they are Belgian Shepherds before.  When I explain that they are Malinois you can see the blank stares and the look that says I'm making a name up for the breed.  But, I love people asking me about my dogs.  I just don't like it when I ask people to allow my dogs to approach them and they charge my dogs.  I'm also super vigilant about the way my dogs act around people and other dogs and if I'm not comfortable then we leave the area.  Just because my breed is a rare breed and considered an aggressive breed since they are used by police forces. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Becki

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2007, 05:01:36 am »
I've heard that...I'm curious about the statement that they're not as big as the regular newf.  Molson's pretty big.

Offline Becki

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 05:44:09 am »
Gotcha...somet imes it takes a bit for my brain to kick in.