Author Topic: Adorable Newf X puppy in kill shelter marked "URGENT"  (Read 5036 times)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Adorable Newf X puppy in kill shelter marked "URGENT"
« on: June 01, 2007, 03:52:31 am »
I just saw these babies on Petfinders.  They are Newf/hound mixes that are adorable and will have big paws.  Anyone in or near AB and looking for a new buddy?  The male puppy in the first link is still in a kill shelter and marked "urgent".  His two female litter mates (1 listed in second link) appear to be in a rescue facility now, but they are trying to get the little boy out of the kill shelter in time.  I'm too far, but can anyone nearby help?

This is the poor guy that's marked "URGENT"
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8519299

This is one of his sisters:
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8509041
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Bernertomboi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Adorable Newf X puppy in kill shelter marked "URGENT"
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 05:24:20 am »
Just bumping it up to the top.  Wish I could help hopefully someone can.

k2campbell

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 05:32:43 am »
Oh my goodness, this one just breaks my heart - he is adorable!  :'( I wish I could take him, but with our current situation, it just isn't going to happen. I sure hope he finds a home, and fast  ;)

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 05:40:39 am »
They are both sweet the first one just tugs at my heart.. I hope they find great homes.

Offline Cazzie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Slave to Amba
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 06:44:22 am »
OMG!! if I was over there I'd have him in a heart beat !! he's gorgeous!! i hope he finds his forever home quick!!
Proudly owned by Amba - Boston terrier
                 Merlin - Exotic Short hair cat
                 Harley - Ragdoll cat
RIP...Stormy & Balki - my Newfoundland Angels

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 07:03:31 am »
They are so cute, and sad. :( I hope someone can help them.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 09:46:23 am »
Oh my goodness, this one just breaks my heart - he is adorable!  :'( I wish I could take him, but with our current situation, it just isn't going to happen. I sure hope he finds a home, and fast  ;)

Kelly, I thought of you when I saw him but knew that there was no way it could work right now.  ;) Besides, I don't know AB at all and he could be hundreds of miles from your area, anyway.

It sort of looks like what they may really need is more foster homes.  That may be why his sisters are in a rescue and he's still in the shelter.   :'(  If you know of anyone (at your vet, feed store, etc.) that can foster right now then maybe that would help get him out of the shelter.  But don't worry about it yourself though, your first priority is to be resting up for the little one's arrival!  ;D  Take care and take lots of naps! 
Marie

And my pups:

k2campbell

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 10:06:59 am »

Kelly, I thought of you when I saw him but knew that there was no way it could work right now.  ;) Besides, I don't know AB at all and he could be hundreds of miles from your area, anyway.

It sort of looks like what they may really need is more foster homes.  That may be why his sisters are in a rescue and he's still in the shelter.   :'(  If you know of anyone (at your vet, feed store, etc.) that can foster right now then maybe that would help get him out of the shelter.  But don't worry about it yourself though, your first priority is to be resting up for the little one's arrival!  ;D  Take care and take lots of naps! 

Actually, the rescue is located in Calgary, which is about 45 minutes away from me... I sure wish I could take him, he looks so sweet. I truly hope someone rescues him and loves him up!  ;)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 11:25:10 am »

Actually, the rescue is located in Calgary, which is about 45 minutes away from me... I sure wish I could take him, he looks so sweet. I truly hope someone rescues him and loves him up!  ;)

Thank you, I hope so, too.  I'm hoping that someone that is lurking on BPO and in the area may be able to help him.  You never know, right? 
Marie

And my pups:

k2campbell

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 12:38:28 pm »

Thank you, I hope so, too.  I'm hoping that someone that is lurking on BPO and in the area may be able to help him.  You never know, right? 

I sure hope something like that happens...unfo rtunately I don't have many "dog" friends out here  :-\ Passed it on to a few though!  ;)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 01:09:38 pm »

I sure hope something like that happens...unfo rtunately I don't have many "dog" friends out here  :-\ Passed it on to a few though!  ;)

Thank you very much for passing it on!   :)
Marie

And my pups: