Author Topic: Attention Newfie Owners!  (Read 8211 times)

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
Re: Attention Newfie Owners!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 01:42:36 pm »
you never know.
it is a gamble, if you get one that is minimal be happy, if not, than accept them as they are.
adjust to it and learn to live with it. :)
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

lorim2

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 02:45:13 pm »
Obviously I dont have a newf but if you take a look at the face above, can you just imagine the drool!  If you are getting a breed that might be a "droolie", then just get ready!  People ask me all the time about the drooling and honestly it just doesnt faze me anymore...Even the wonderful slingers that go flying when we do the big shake..haha   I remember one time my daughter and I were arguing and Marley stepped between us and did the big shake.  The huge slinger hit me right between the eyes!  Talk about ruining a good fight...We were both rolling after that....Just thought I would add to it....by the way, we really have some great looking newfs on here!! 

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 05:19:51 pm »
Onyx. Is. A. FOUNTAIN.
  ::)

And I'm pretty sure that there are not enough towels left on the planet for all the floogers. Sorry if that scared ya off, but eh, it is what it is.

Oh no, you didn't scare me off.  I am hooked on Newfies.  I always had a love for Siberian Huskies and when I told Jeff I wanted another dog, I was really torn between a Newf and a Husky.  I almost went with the Husky.  Now that I've had Sierra for all of 4 months, I can't imagine ever owning any dog other than a Newfoundland.  I still love Huskies, but when I think about getting another puppy, all I can see is a houseful of Newfies.  Sierra is just the most loveable, easy-going dog I have ever encountered.  She loves anything and everything, she is smart, she is protective of her home and family, she has the most amazing personality and you can just see how much she loves us just by the way she looks at us.  Plus she's big and hairy.  That's a big draw for me   :D.  If have to deal with gallons of drool in order to get the rest of the package, then bring it on!  It is well worth the inconvenience. ...

God, I love my dog!!!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer