Author Topic: New Here  (Read 10022 times)

Offline Sweetkisses07

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
New Here
« on: June 01, 2007, 08:54:01 pm »
Hi everyone!
  Im Michelle and I have a 15wk Golden Retriever named Madisyn. We are from NW Indiana. Just thought Id introduce myself and say hi to everyone.

Icerotti

Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 09:01:28 pm »
Welcome to BPO---you will love it here.
I am Michelle slave to Puck our Rotti (9yrs) Farley the Vizsla(2yrs) and our baby Rosie the weimaraner at 1 yr old.

I love the picture of Madisyn on her bed...lol

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 09:30:35 pm »
Welcome to the fourms:)
 I am owned by 2 smooth Vizslas (11 & 5) and a Wire-haired Vizsla baby.
You will love these forums~

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 09:45:21 pm »
Look at that furball!  She's adorable.

Welcome to BPO!  I'm Lin, mom to Grace the Rowdy Rotti (2 1/2) who also serves as a flasher hunter and mommy protector, stream wader inner, toilet bowl emptier, bed sheeet messer upper, sock hider, kleenex eater, couch potatoe.  :)  i love her ... all all her ... no matter how weird she is. 

we look forward to getting to know you 2. 

BTW..I'm jusst north of you in Grand Rapids, MI.  maybe someday we can have a meet n greet...or you could just start planning to come to the Midest meet n greet in Chicago in July...or we can do both. :) 

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 04:15:03 am »
Hey! It's me Megan with Maggie the dobie and Roxie the min pin. Glad to see you joined the site! ;D
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline Sweetkisses07

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 01:20:02 am »
Oh wow not too far from us! I use to be up in Holland all the time. Id love to get together. When is the meet up in July? Will there be alot of people and their little family members?? Madie would love to make new friends.

Look at that furball!  She's adorable.

Welcome to BPO!  I'm Lin, mom to Grace the Rowdy Rotti (2 1/2) who also serves as a flasher hunter and mommy protector, stream wader inner, toilet bowl emptier, bed sheeet messer upper, sock hider, kleenex eater, couch potatoe.  :)  i love her ... all all her ... no matter how weird she is. 

we look forward to getting to know you 2. 

BTW..I'm jusst north of you in Grand Rapids, MI.  maybe someday we can have a meet n greet...or you could just start planning to come to the Midest meet n greet in Chicago in July...or we can do both. :) 

Offline Sweetkisses07

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 01:22:37 am »
Thanks for telling me about this place. It seems like a good place. Oh!! That dog park I was telling you about is in Westville. My cousin corrected me when I mentioned it to him. I might take Madisyn there this weekend or something. Another person recommended that park too and said there are a bunch of people there w/there dogs on the weekends and there are dogs of all ages there. Maybe we could meet up or something. Just have to find out what the weather is going to be like.

Hey! It's me Megan with Maggie the dobie and Roxie the min pin. Glad to see you joined the site! ;D

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 03:58:27 am »
Hey Michelle! I didn't see this thread before.

I know about the dog park in Westville. Its called Bluhm County Park. I've never been there because its more of an agility park and my boy is like...anti-agility! haha! There is also a GREAT dog beach in the Dunes National Lakeshore. Its called Central Beach. Have you heard of it? I go there ALL THE TIME and its where we had our meet and greet last year!

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 03:58:48 am »
Sorry can't do it this weekend. It's my last weekend of work and I won't have a ride yet, I have to wait until my friend, Savanna's pup, gets her last set of shots so we can bring her with. I can't wait though! The dog park sounds awesome, I've heard of it before too and really everyone was pleased with it.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline Sweetkisses07

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 09:44:38 pm »
Well if anyone wants to join me this weekend I think I will take Madisyn after her puppy class Saturday as like a reward for doing well there. We`ll hit the park or the beach after we stop at Pet Supplies PLus in Valpo and grab her a puppy ice cream. Haha

Offline Sweetkisses07

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 09:45:39 pm »
Hey Michelle! I didn't see this thread before.

I know about the dog park in Westville. Its called Bluhm County Park. I've never been there because its more of an agility park and my boy is like...anti-agility! haha! There is also a GREAT dog beach in the Dunes National Lakeshore. Its called Central Beach. Have you heard of it? I go there ALL THE TIME and its where we had our meet and greet last year!

Ive never heard of it...how do you get there? Maybe I`ll take Madie there this weekend. Its either the beach or the park after puppy class on Saturday.

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 09:52:22 pm »
Where are you coming from?

Sorry...just saw your post in the Meet and Greet thread.

you're in Michigan City? Well, here's what you do. Do you know where Brandt's is? By the Lighthouse Mall on 12? Its a pet store. They also sell Frosty Paws by the cup for like, a dollar. I always walk over and get Cabeza one..

Anyway, you pass Brandt's headed west on 12. When 12 splits off right by Mount Baldy, you take Beverly Dr. (It goes to the right, 12 continues on toward the left) Go all the way down to Central Avenue and turn right. The beach is all the way at the end of the road. There's a parking lot and stuff.

Its great!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 09:55:57 pm by Nicole »

Offline Sweetkisses07

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 10:41:21 pm »
Where are you coming from?

Sorry...just saw your post in the Meet and Greet thread.

you're in Michigan City? Well, here's what you do. Do you know where Brandt's is? By the Lighthouse Mall on 12? Its a pet store. They also sell Frosty Paws by the cup for like, a dollar. I always walk over and get Cabeza one..

Anyway, you pass Brandt's headed west on 12. When 12 splits off right by Mount Baldy, you take Beverly Dr. (It goes to the right, 12 continues on toward the left) Go all the way down to Central Avenue and turn right. The beach is all the way at the end of the road. There's a parking lot and stuff.

Its great!

Well maybe sometime we could meet up there and let the dogs play....if you want

Nicole

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 10:49:28 pm »
sure!

Of course...my dog doesn't play. He just kind of wades and lumbers around like a bear. He's sort of curmudgeonly.

Offline Sweetkisses07

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 01:46:22 am »
sure!

Of course...my dog doesn't play. He just kind of wades and lumbers around like a bear. He's sort of curmudgeonly.

Is it safe to let them go into the Lake?NO harmful bacteria or anything? Sorry Im just so weird about Madie. I seriously havent left her alone since I got her when Im not working. I even asked her vet if I could see the kennel area she`ll be in when I have to get her fixed. What can I say....shes my baby. Whenever you want to meet up just let me know.