Author Topic: Bad news for Harley...(not sad kinda funny...)  (Read 11999 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Bad news for Harley...(not sad kinda funny...)
« on: June 03, 2007, 11:34:11 pm »
So Harley was finally not crated. She was doing so well for the past year. She wasn't getting into anything ect. Well the past two months she has been such a brat! She has been getting into the fridge eating what she can get her paws on. Then we got a child lock for the frige, well she started getting into the garbage! Then she managed to break the child lock.  :o Who is she? Houdini? How does she manage to get into this stuff? So now she is back to being crated during the day.  :-\ It's too dangerous for her to be out, she is going to eat herself sick! That and she is eating all our groceries!  :o Never mind the terrible twos I am going through the terrible three/fours LOL
But I still love her to pieces.  ;D

Nina
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 10:05:27 pm by Nina »
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Bad news for Harley
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 01:30:12 am »
Oh, poor Harley! How old is she? Maybe you could use a baby gates to limit her access to the kitchen? Does she chew anything else in the house?
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 01:56:24 am »
Oh, poor Harley! How old is she? Maybe you could use a baby gates to limit her access to the kitchen? Does she chew anything else in the house?

LOL the only thing she gets into has to do with food. Must be a lab thing LOL She LOVES food. We tried baby gates with the last foster we had and it didn't work for her. Worked for the foster LOL  ::) She just knocks them down or jumps over them. She is quite the escape artist.
I think that she is bored and that is why she getting into stuff. I am going to try and take her for longer walks with a back pack on and see if that works.
I really need to set up a camera in the kitchen and see how she gets into this stuff. Silly girl!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 01:59:57 am »
LOL I would like to see a video of that! I just love how they can make us go "huh?" They don't have thumbs!
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 02:43:14 am »
If you get Harley's food foraging on video you just have to post it.  That I'd love to see!  We've often laughed that our dogs only need thumbs and human voice boxes, then anything would be possible!   ;)  ;D  ::)
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 03:34:34 am »
I know I really need to get it on video. I would love to know how she does it! She was doing so well on her diet until she ate half a medium pizza.  :-[

She is not liking the crate, but she doesn't put up to much of a fuss when we tell her to go in it. So that's good, it don't think I would be able to lift her 80lbs butt  :D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 03:50:23 am »
Half a medium pizza?  Yum!! LMAO!  ;D  ;D  Harley is a clever girl with great taste!  If she gives you any trouble getting into her crate now, you could just throw in 1/2 a pizza...bet she'd follow that anywhere!  ;)  ::)  ;D  Though of course it would defeat the purpose of the crate.  :-\  Thanks for the laugh, I needed that!! 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 08:12:34 am »
Your stories make my dog look like an angel! I stopped crating her when she turned 10 months and she has not done a single thing BUT she goes insane right around 10 p.m. (when I am the most tired and ready to go to bed) and I am quite ready to shoot her soon!!!  ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 09:05:12 am »
Oh Harley..have you and Rosie been conversing...l ol
She may find herself back in her crate too...apparent ly cardboard should be destroyed not matter what its form   ::)

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 09:17:37 am »
hehehe...Harle y Houdini.  I snorted a little at that.  Tell Harley that Miss Anna Banana has also recently become reacquainted with her crate as well!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 10:51:17 am »
poor harley, maybe she can have another shot at it down the road. i cant imagine walking into the house after max got in the fridge.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 10:10:36 pm »
Harley will definately get another shot at free range of the house. I just don't want her to have free range of the fridge! LOL  ;D I'm going to see if longer walks do the trick for her.
It just so strange that she started doing this... she must have connected that the big box in the kitchen holds all the food. Smart bugger!

I gotta say it is some hard to be mad at her when I come home and she has her picnic spread over the living room floor. She looks so cute. I don't think she takes me seriously when I am laughing and trying to say bad girl.  :)If she ever does it again I will have to take pictures.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline lokisgirl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 04:20:55 pm »
I have a malamute now but about 10 years ago, I had a pom and a cat. I had some beggin strips on the op shelf of the cupboard ABOVE the counter, so my cat gets up there opens the cupboard and climbs up there and knocks the bag down on the floor so that she and Chaos (rather fitting name) could share them while i was at work. such little brats! lol.
Tasha and Loki

Offline anj

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Bad news for Harley...(not sad kinda funny...)
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 11:15:04 pm »
Lol!
Harley sure is a scavenger huh! ;)
My dogs Pam and Jim always seem to find something in the yard, they love to dig, and go through the garbage, which pisses me off big time! I have to clean the yard all the time!