Author Topic: My first Dog show  (Read 8442 times)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
My first Dog show
« on: June 03, 2007, 07:49:06 am »
Yesterday and today I went to the local AKC dog show.Holy cow I got to tons of big dogs!!!!Of course my favorite was the Saints :D There was only 3 of them though :( One was an 8 mth old male and he already weighs 120,and I thought Tub was big.I got to meet a bunch of Newfs for the first time in person.One lady came up and asked if we help hold a couple of her dogs while she showed one.Then she would come back and switch dogs,too cool!!! I was surpised that they were smaller then Saints,I thought they were very close to the same size.There was also a brown Newf,so that was a new site for me.They said there are also grey ones,but I didn't get to see one of those :( And the Danes,well there was a ton of them.They are soooooooooo tall!!! I also got to meet a couple Bermese Mtn dogs.Oh they are too adorable.The lady asked if we wanted to meet the pup.Like we could say no :)He was 6 mths and so cute.It was hard not reaching for my wallet and saying sold ;D The Great Prys are very pretty in person too.It was a small show,but I'm glad I went so I got to see so many of the different breeds in person,now I will quit rambling ;)
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

angelsmama

Re: My first Dog show
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 07:56:27 am »
I've yet to meet a Saint, or Bernese Mt. Dog.

My sisters neighbor owns a female Pyr, met a Newfie in a parade, I've had my run ins with Danes at PetsMart and flea markets.

My dream breed is a Greater Swiss, I really want to meet one of them ;D

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 08:57:05 am »
awesome, totally fun! sounds like a great ole time. but... WHERE ARE THE PICTURES? hahaha
Did u see any BTS???
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 10:01:15 am »
I love greater swiss, suprisingly there are a lot around here, I am glad you had fun!
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 10:30:29 am »
awesome, totally fun! sounds like a great ole time. but... WHERE ARE THE PICTURES? hahaha
Did u see any BTS???

No BTS there at all,I was looking for statue dogs though;) No pics either,I didn't know how people would feel about it,so I didn't even try,silly me.

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 10:32:25 am »
I've yet to meet a Saint, or Bernese Mt. Dog.

My sisters neighbor owns a female Pyr, met a Newfie in a parade, I've had my run ins with Danes at PetsMart and flea markets.

My dream breed is a Greater Swiss, I really want to meet one of them ;D

I really wanted to see the Greater Swiss too,but they were at 8:30 am and there is no way I can be out and functional at that time of day with the boys and 22 birds to get taken caer of on the am.Maybe next time :)

angelsmama

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 10:53:48 am »
oh ive met mastiffs also  :) i love big pawed dogs  ;D n my sister owns a GSD , jetta.

Offline Cazzie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Slave to Amba
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 12:16:19 pm »
yay arent shows soo much fun!! glad you got to play with the Newfys !! my Stormy is a Grey Newf :)
Proudly owned by Amba - Boston terrier
                 Merlin - Exotic Short hair cat
                 Harley - Ragdoll cat
RIP...Stormy & Balki - my Newfoundland Angels