Author Topic: Our big boy!  (Read 12056 times)

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Our big boy!
« on: July 16, 2005, 01:50:04 pm »
We took Rocco in to the vet to weigh him today. He is 17 weeks and weighs 65.5 pounds! We're just amazed at how quickly he is growing. He's growing so much faster than Bella did. Matter of fact, she now weighs 92 pounds and is 1 yr. We hope he isnt growing too fast. Last visit to the vet 2 weeks ago he  didnt make any comments about his weight. We are measuring his food, and he is solid. If he keeps growing at this rate, maybe we'll buy him a saddle ;D
Gina

All dogs are pets.  Newfoundlands are family!

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Our big boy!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 01:54:05 pm »
Wow!...He's really a big boy!...Forget the saddle & cart train him!...We are going to do that with Samson starting with a lightweight p.v.c. pipe cart & this winter he will be grown enough to get a pulling harness & pull the kids on their sleds!...We also want to make him a cart to pull in town parades!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 04:25:54 pm »
Wow! You have to post the latest pic you have of him so that we can see how he has grown!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 02:22:34 pm »
Yes! We need to see a new pic of Rocco!  Our Winston (the pyr/anatolian) was 70 lbs at 19 weeks. He seemed to gain about 4 lbs per week. That would put Rocco at 73.5  two weeks from now! What are you feeding him, and how much does he eat per day?

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 05:28:33 am »
 He seems to be gaining about 5 pounds a week.  We feed him Merrick dog food, and he and Bella are "Grammy's Pot Pie" which is chicken and vegetables. Its a great dog food, and is made of human grade food.  Rocco eats about 4 cups a day now. The vet suggested I go off what the brand recommends for his size (he is on adult dog food) and the bag states for his weight he can have up to 7-8 cups a day. That sounds like a lot though!
Gina

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 06:15:19 am »
I should have mentioned that I'm Molly's mom. Just wanted you to see a pic of Winston, taken at 12 months. He's always had Diamond & eats 6 cups a day. Molly's on Diamond Puppy & eats 4 cups a day. But I think I'll check into the Merrick dog food. I agree that 7-8 cups sounds like an awful lot!

Anyway.......l ooking forward to seeing pics of Rocco!!!

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 07:10:16 am »
A ha!  You're Molly's mom!  How is she?!! I can't wait to see how she is growing.  I'm going to take some new pictures of Rocco this week to post.

You can checkout Merrick online. I think the website is something like: www.merrickpet food.com
Or you can do a google search on Merrick dog food.  I was looking at their food online yesterday because they have free shipping. I almost fell off my chair when I saw how much they want for a 30 pound bag....$62!!!!!!  OBVIOUSLY they make up for the cost of "Free Shipping".  At the pet store here, its $40 for 30 pounds. I think you;re dogs would like Merrick. Its one of the best on the market, and Bella is a VERY picky eater and she inhales this stuff!  That has to be a good sign :)
Gina

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 07:48:11 am »
Oh geez! Check out this link..........

http://www.sitstay.com/store/edibles/mfood3.shtml

Sitstay.com has the Grammy's Pot Pie (30 lbs) for $35.30, and it's free shipping!

What you & I need to do is take a pic of Rocco and Molly next to something that you can really judge their size comparitively. .....if that makes any sense:-) When was Rocco born? Molly was born March 30th. A litter of 8.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 07:53:06 am »
Looks like Molly wants you to wake her up when it's Christmas. 

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 08:14:51 am »
You like her little snowman:-)  I know Molly's going to LOVE winter. What was going on here was that she had been outside playing in water. She LOVES being wet, and she LOVES laying on top of the cold air vent when the air is on! Especially when she's wet. Brrrr. So that's what she's doing here. My husband covered her up & propped the snowman against her:-)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2005, 08:18:51 am »
It's adorable!   ;D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 08:41:46 am »
Molly is such a love! Very cute picture. Isn't it so funny how Newfs don't ever seem to get cold?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 02:28:31 pm »
Joey--I'll take some pictures this weekend of my big boy. He was born March 6th....so just a couple weeks before Molly!  I bet if Rocco met Molly he'd be in love :)  she may look like a small version of Bella! 

I did check out that website you suggested---what a good deal on that Merrick food! I just may order some. I seem to go through it fairly quickly!
Gina

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2005, 02:33:17 pm »
Pictures! We're holding you to it!

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 02:37:25 pm »
you got it jamie!! I SWEAR to post pictures of my big furball soon :D
Gina