Author Topic: Does anyone need our services?  (Read 5784 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Does anyone need our services?
« on: June 05, 2007, 11:09:37 pm »
We are quite talented, but Mom isn't impressed with our abilities. Anyone else? ;D

(Notice I like to conserve my energies and let my sister do the dirty work)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone need our services?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 11:30:43 pm »
Gosh, that is one BIG hole!!! Did they do it from the beginning to the end? 
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 11:37:33 pm »

They started a shallow one a couple days ago and Yukon worked at it a little while ago and then Yiska took off after him and went to town lol. She's much more of a digger. I just wish that wasn't the only hole in the yard :( it's just the most popular spot.

See how lucky you are that Lily digs around fence posts? Can we trade girls? ;D

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 11:43:23 pm »

They started a shallow one a couple days ago and Yukon worked at it a little while ago and then Yiska took off after him and went to town lol. She's much more of a digger. I just wish that wasn't the only hole in the yard :( it's just the most popular spot.

See how lucky you are that Lily digs around fence posts? Can we trade girls? ;D

It looks scary! :o Lily's holes are nothing comparing to theirs! Let's hold off the trading thing, lol
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 12:01:16 am »
lol retention pond. Since they only dig around the sides of the house and pretty much just 2 sides, I thought I would take out any leftover grass (probably none) and level it and fill it in with lava rock (if any of you know what rock that is) it looks nice anyway and border it off. Do you think they would dig through the rock? Lava rock isn't nice to walk on.

This is right off the side door where they have to go out to potty too so as you can imagine I get to mop up their foot prints across the kitchen everytime they come in or out.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 12:12:09 am »
that is a huge hole!!! mine have a few random spots where the will dig holes that are really deep but not very wide of a hole. I almost broke an ankle the other day because i didn't notice it, but my foot went down a few inches. I'm paranoid they will somehow get out of our fence, so I am just thankful they don't dig around the fence.

We used to have a spare pile of dirt, which we would use to fill the holes back up. Well that pile is gone and so we haven't re-filled the holes in a few weeks!

Your pups are the cutest!

ps: did you get my PM the other day?

Yes, and I'm such a dork that everytime I remembered to write back, I did something else first and forgot. I'm sorry! Anyway, thank you SO much. You were right on about the area and that is a lot of help. I will check into them! I was telling hubby it could be fun to do on Sundays or something (his only day off) when we could drop the kids at my inlaws and take the dogs out. I think it would help a lot. I hope we can meet some big dogs!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 12:13:13 am by mama2many »

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 03:04:17 am »
lol They remind me of City Of Chicago workers...One guy in the hole the rest supervising. You do have my sympathies as well. But have you ever thought ...retention pond??
Stella

I agree with Stella.  Retention pond or maybe even a pool???   ;D  What a naughty pair you got.  Hey and the boy's a clever devil to let his sister get caught in the act.  HA HA.  Those are funny pictures. 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 04:39:38 am »
I love the caption.  Grace is a huge digger when she can sneek off. 
That last one...and i have to ask.   are they digging a potty hole?

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 05:01:02 am »
I love the caption.  Grace is a huge digger when she can sneek off. 
That last one...and i have to ask.   are they digging a potty hole?

lol it does look like she's peeing doesn't it. I never noticed that before haaaaaaa..no she had just got done and decided she would take a rest..or actually gloat over her work I think. ;)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 05:01:46 am »
Thats a big hole!

I'm lucky in that my only digger Sable my oldest female chihuahua.  She dosent get far though, just digs and throws the dirt in her face, then gives up because she can't see LOL

LOL, oh man that's funny

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 09:13:00 pm »
Those pictures are hilarious! We were thinking of starting a vegetable garden, maybe we'll hire your pups to till our soil. It looks like one is on the lookout while the other is executing the digging. The lookout dog is obviously not doing a very good job.
Rosie - Newfoundland

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 09:35:41 pm »
Those pictures are hilarious! We were thinking of starting a vegetable garden, maybe we'll hire your pups to till our soil. It looks like one is on the lookout while the other is executing the digging. The lookout dog is obviously not doing a very good job.

lol. Yukon is just a big lazy butt. I can't imagine what he will be like when he actually hits the couch potato phase.  ::) He acts like getting up and down is an effort he shouldn't have to make.