Author Topic: Great Pyrs & water..  (Read 5696 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Great Pyrs & water..
« on: July 16, 2005, 02:42:14 pm »
I would love for Samson to use his wading pool on hot days so he can be out with us more...But he thinks it's "THE DEVIL" as he does alot of things...Anyon e's Pyr love the water or maybe even enjoy swimming?

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Great Pyrs & water..
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 03:07:40 pm »
Rosie would only put her feet in the lake to take a drink.  Sugar Bear and Dixie play in the lake every day.  Both will go in to almost the top of their backs.
Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 03:16:27 pm »
Those pictures of them playing in the water are great
RIP former BPO

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 03:33:39 pm »
Thanks shangrilarcadi a.  I love to watch them play in the water. I could do without them rolling in the dirt after they get out of the lake.  There room has a concret floor, it looks like it is going to have to stay that way due to the dirt.

Lisa

Offline Tabby

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 09:04:21 am »
I have a wading pool of clean water for Mikey.  Then, there is the muddy tiny little pond puddle out front.  Yep, he dips in the muddy pond daily but rarely touches the clean pool.  He also goes crazy every time he sneaks by me into the horse pen.  He loves to dive into their trough, splash as much water out as he can.  I long for the opportunity to take him to "big" water and see what he'll do.
Tabby and Mike

BabsT

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 08:16:27 am »
Zero loves the water too...goes up to the top of his shoulders but wont quite swim.  He does love chasing the fish in the water and it def. occupies his time there LOL

One thing that I noticed is that the humidity, sand, fur and water are not a good mix.my poor boy  broke out with a rash on his lower belly and side flanks..I swear it was from being soaked, laying in the sand on humid days

Now he is on medicine and doing much much better within two days

Offline txccs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 03:19:44 pm »
My Pry, Dakota, loves the water at our local Bark Park here is Houston.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 03:25:28 pm »
Cool photos, I love the crystal clean water.

Offline txccs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 03:28:47 pm »
Yea it's a really nice place for big or small dogs to go. 13 acres of fenced land, one area for dogs over 25lbs and another area for dogs under 25lbs.

Offline pyrmom420

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 08:56:10 pm »
Gandalf hated water too at first. When he had his knee surgery, he did water therapy. They have a treadmill in a special tank of water! Now he LOVES water. In fact the other day I was walking him around town on my lunch break, and the fire department was flushing the hydrants, he actually drug me over to them so he sould play in the Pyr size hose! He thinks my spraying him is the funnest game around! I also met here in Valdez the owner of Gandalf's sister! How exciting is that! Anyway, she told me "Deva" LOVES water too. The live with a stream in their back yard and Deva swims every day! Give it time. Or find a place enarby that does physical therapy for dogs. It is terrific low impact exercise for giants, They start out with a little or no water and add it for the dog to get comfortable. How is he when you bathe him? Maybe you could try giving him his next bath in the kiddy pool? Good luck. PS i haven't checked the site for awhile, have you gotten your puppy?

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 11:18:01 pm »
The first time Kendra saw a pool she tried to get in it, The first time I allowed to get in she swam all the way aound.  Her outside water bowl was a 5 gallon bucket. It had to be tied down with cable and rebar otherwise she would stand in it a drag it around until she knocked it over. Since it got hot, I got her a $10 kiddy pool from Walmart. I have to plan my day ahead, If she needs to go somewhere, I can't let her out into the yard, or she's be soaking. She will get in the pool, paw the water, dig on the bottom, bite the water, splash side to side with her head. Earl likes to stand in the pool, and will paw the water sometimes. Deuce is shorter than the side of the pool, but can hurdle the side with ease. I wasn't paying attention this weekend, and got hit in the chest and face with a 10 pound wet mop with sharp baby teeth.

The only draw back is Kendra pees in the pool when she gets in. It can be kinda gross. The second file attached is a video of her last play date with Tiny Tim. Nooooooo TIMMMY, don't drink the water!!!!

(And NO! I didn't film that on purpose, I didn't even notice until I reviewed it later)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 11:25:46 pm by wlemons »

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 10:19:12 pm »
That's funny!...NNNNOOOOOO Timmy, don't drink the water!...LOL! :D

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 10:45:27 am »
that is too funny I didn't know we could attach mini movies, cool!! I'll soo have to do that! ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)