Author Topic: Newbie from Jersey...  (Read 6624 times)

Offline DoDadsandDanes

• Ankle Biter
  • every time a bell rings, an angels gets its wings
    • View Profile
    • MySpace.com/dodadsandchotskiestuff
Newbie from Jersey...
« on: June 08, 2007, 08:31:27 am »
Hey all!! my name is Lisa and Im so glad to be here..
I have a pretty big mixed brood of 2 and four legged family members. Seven kids 6-17, a husband, AND 2 Great Danes..Maggie 11 mo and Faye 13 wks..
Mags is a big ol lovey goof ball with no serious problems (at the moment) ;) and Faye is our little cherub with megaesophagus :(
I just cant get enough information to help us all raise our babies in the best way possible..plus I love to see lots of everyones pictures..
I usually start with a quick search and about 3 hrs later I have read tons of interesting posts, seen dozens of cutie pie pups, but have found out nothing I was originally looking for..
so I start all over again..its a vicious cycle  ;D
Lisa
Maggie 11 mo Dane
Faye 3 mo Dane
Disclaimer: If this post includes anything resembling advice, please note that it most likely has been borrowed from someone more knowledgeable than myself..

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie from Jersey...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 09:12:22 am »
Hello and welcome!  Your two are adorable.  Of course I am partial to brindle danes myself.  ;D

My name is Chris, and my dog crew consists of Keiko, a 9 yr old husky/shep mix, Gunther, a 2 yr old great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two 1 yr old rat terriers.  Along with a variety of other critters.

Offline DoDadsandDanes

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 09:14:44 am »
Holly!!! I still cant PM you here.. ??? ...just tried again...will try the alternate route tomorrow..afte r one more try..its kinda long..could that be why? is there a limit? atleast my intro got thru..
Ive got to get more interesting pics of the girls but they always seem to be sleeping in the same damn spot.. what a life..
wait just found one of Faye, her first night home..same face as Matties at that age..
Lisa
Maggie 11 mo Dane
Faye 3 mo Dane
Disclaimer: If this post includes anything resembling advice, please note that it most likely has been borrowed from someone more knowledgeable than myself..

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 09:34:59 am »
Welcome to the board.  Your danes are gorgeous.  I love that little ones face. 

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 11:12:57 am »
Welcome!!!  ;D

WOW!!! You have 2 beautiful Danes! :)
I'll bet the kids have fun with them.
We have 5 little girls and they all
are begging for more pups. :)

It's nice to "meet" you!
Blessings!
Amy Lynn
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline DoDadsandDanes

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 08:40:23 pm »
wait just found one of Faye, her first night home..same face as Matties at that age..

OMG!!  That face looks just like Mattie's when she was teensy and skinny!

I KNOW!! when I first read your story about her and saw that pic I couldnt believe it!! They are just so cute...

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.!.!  I know Ive said this before but it must be illegal to have sooo many adorable babies all in one place... everyones pictures are great...
Lisa
Maggie 11 mo Dane
Faye 3 mo Dane

Offline DoDadsandDanes

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 10:08:53 pm »
OK..posting more pics is not a problem here..
since Im new though, can I have a quick answer to where to post them..?? Im getting too old to see this tiny print... ;)
Plus I start looking for something, get distracted, and forget where I was.... ::)
Lisa
Maggie 11 mo Dane
Faye 3 mo Dane

Offline DoDadsandDanes

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 01:13:08 am »
Thanks Christina- will do..

nothing like a pb break with my buddy

Sunnin it..

just the beginning...
Lisa
Maggie 11 mo Dane
Faye 3 mo Dane

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 01:30:34 am »
Welcome to BPO. ;D

I am slave to Puck our rotti (9yrs), Farley our Vizsla (2yr) and our bratty weimaraner Rosie (1yr).

Your babies are gorgeous. I can't wait to see more and more pictures of them. ;)

Offline DoDadsandDanes

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 01:44:41 am »
ooooooh loving the pics! My boys are gynormo peanut butter fans too!

Question: where did you get that awesome fantastic dog bed?!

Julie

http://www.petsnap.com/luxurysofa.htm

Ours is the micro suede and it's so easy to clean..
Lisa
Maggie 11 mo Dane
Faye 3 mo Dane

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 04:32:58 am »
Welcome to the board. Love the pics- I like the way that Icerotti stated it- slave to ... he he he
I am Paige. I currently reside with 3 Danes, 2 black and one Brindle, 4 Pyrs and a Newf/Golden Retriever. I only have 2 skin kids and they are pretty much grown up at 19 and 21.
I am glad that you have found the site, I am convinced that it is the best site on the web with the best members and of course- the cutest pics any where.
Paige and the crew