Author Topic: Adopted Issabeaux  (Read 4814 times)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Adopted Issabeaux
« on: June 09, 2007, 12:55:12 am »
Hello all!!  Finally decided to get a pup!  Navarre has been gone for a year so I started looking last month and after a few fell through I decided maybe I would wait a little longer.  Mom went to the HS to check out another dog for a person I know and she called me to tell me that they still had two GSD pups, a female sable and a black male.  I was leaning toward the male, just my preference, but she called me playing with the female laughing her butt off.  So about 15min later I told her to get her.  She's had her since last Thurs and I met her today and picked up Issabeaux (Issy). 

She's had the runs (negative fecal) for the past week, mom thought it might be the food switch but then thought about it and she was the same way at the HS. She's eating Solid Gold Wolf Cub at the moment, I added some pumpkin to it when I got her home so I'm hoping that will help.  If it doesn't I think I might just give her some chicken and rice for a couple days and/or switch her food.  Any thoughts??  She's pretty thin, 4 months and only 20lbs, so I want to stop this ASAP.

She is already exhibiting some signs of herding instinct.  She's a collecter.  After dinner, when she was at my moms, she would collect all the food bowls and bring them to where she was laying.  Then would go and collect all the toys!

Only have her petfinder pic at the moment but I can't remember how to attach it here!!  Will post some pics when I figure out how and when I get some more.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Adopted Issabeaux
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 03:30:16 am »
Congrats on your new pup.  I can't wait to see her pics.  I read this thread and tried to go find her petfinder page so I could see what her brother looks like and her too of course.  I'm just guessing that her name came from the movie Ladyhawke. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 04:03:18 am »
Here's the pic, I hope it attached!!  Yes, I got her name, and Navarre's for that matter from Ladyhawke!  He just couldn't hang around long enough for me to get her so I could have them both at the same time!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 04:03:28 am »
Congrats on your new pup!  Can't wait to see puppy pics!
Imodium helps with the runs.  There is a thread on here that gives dosages. (Thanks, EastJenn)
http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,12441.0.html
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 04:06:29 am by happiday »
Salli, Annie's mama!

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 04:13:03 am »
YAAAAAAAAAY!

I'm so glad to hear you got a new pup. You've been looking and waiting for quite awhile now, I know! This is awesome and she's a CUTIE PIE!

Congrats!