Author Topic: NDR - Baby Update  (Read 6561 times)

k2campbell

Re: NDR - Baby Update
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 01:22:01 am »
Thanks everyone, for all your support, info, stories, and well wishes  ;) :-* I have my weekly check-up tomorrow, we'll see how it goes!  ;D

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 04:04:53 am »
Kelly - you are doing such an amazing job! I cant wait for your little one to get here... followed by lots and lots of pics!  :)

k2campbell

Re: NDR - Baby Update - Further Update
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 12:49:02 am »
Yesterday I had my doctor appointment. My doctor is now away for 3 weeks so I'm seeing someone else. Go figure...he had a different opinion regarding my birth plan!!! My original doctor had brought to my attention the fact that I should seriously consider booking an elective c-section due to the size of our baby... The OB/Gyn I saw yesterday said he thinks I can totally try to deliver naturally on my own...YAY! Eric and I were SO happy to hear his opinion. I guess each doctor has their own way of doing things...

We really like my original doctor (but) we really liked this guy too. He's not as personable, a little shy and soft spoken but has been delivering babies for over 20 years and seems to be very confident with his advice. Yes, I may end up in a c-section scenario should natural labor not progress on it's own, etc, etc - but at least I'm more than likely going to have the chance to try and birth our baby naturally!

We're SO excited, I can't wait to take my trip to the hospital, go through labor and birth, and meet our little one! I go for another ultrasound tomorrow to see how much baby has grown in 2 weeks. He/she is in the proper position though, ready to go!!!

Now, come on baby!!!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 01:16:40 am »
Oh Kelly - that is great news about your doctor appointment! I hope the little one comes into this world with ease and perfect health! I am one of the crazy BPO Aunties who cant wait to see your bunddle of joy!

Offline DoDadsandDanes

• Ankle Biter
  • every time a bell rings, an angels gets its wings
    • View Profile
    • MySpace.com/dodadsandchotskiestuff
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 02:26:29 am »
Now heres a topic I know something about (on BPO-go figure)
Of course its been six years since I had my LAST and technology changes by the minute. Im sure the ultrasounds of today are way more sophisticated then the first one I had 18 yrs ago.
One thing is for certain..every advance has improved the health of babies and eased the labor process. However it still boils down to same things happening since the dawn of time. Nobody, not no how can tell you when it will start,how you will feel,how you will progress,what the baby will weigh,how long labor will last,if you will go it al naturale or BEG for pain releif.. it will be what it will be..
You will be extremely uncomfortable and longing for it to be over..you may be nasty to people you've never met or love dearly under different circumstances. You may say,do or decide things on the spot that you never dreamed you would have just hours earlier...and when that little bundle arrives no matter what the process,what the the sex,how smooshy and gooey they appear, you will instantly fall in love and forget every ounce of discomfort you have endured(until you have to go to the bathroom for the first
time)  ;) :) ;) ;D
The thing that always got me was how I gained 60lbs,had 7 lb babies and lost 5lbs once they came out  ???
Enjoy the end of your pregnancy! SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP while you can! And remember if it were that bad we'd all be only children.. ;) ;)
Lisa
Maggie 11 mo Dane
Faye 3 mo Dane
Disclaimer: If this post includes anything resembling advice, please note that it most likely has been borrowed from someone more knowledgeable than myself..

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 04:12:51 am »
Kelly, that's wonderful news!  I'm so glad that you have a doctor filling in for your doc that you like and trust, that means the world to a lady about to give birth.  I'm also hoping for a quick & easy delivery for you and your baby.  If it helps any...when the dr was finishing up things with me after our second baby was born and we knew all was going well with the baby, I asked the doc if there was any reason that I couldn't have another baby.  I wonder if I have his expression on video (I should look) b/c it was priceless!  He said something like "Could ya give me a chance to finish up things from this one first???;D  The man probably thought that I was insane.  LOL  ;D  ;D  So it's true that it can't be so bad or we'd all be only kids and have only kids and I have three!  Oh & BTW, that was the biggest of our three babies, too.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 04:18:14 am »
lol, it is definitey a good thing we forget that pain. When I go into labor again though I'll be questioning my sanity, as I do each time. :-X ;D

Great Dr.s appt! Yet another u/s too, woohoo! Sometimes the best Dr.s are the ones with the worst personality or little of it. I'm crossing fingers and toes for you to get your ideal birth!!

Nicole

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 04:22:14 am »
KELLY THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS! I'm so glad to hear that this doc is willing to work with you. I can't wait for the baybay to be born! YAAAAAAAAAY!

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 10:17:43 am »
I'm so glad you got some promising news!!!  Now, it's baby time!!!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix