Author Topic: Some photos of Zeus are pup  (Read 7416 times)

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
Some photos of Zeus are pup
« on: June 11, 2007, 05:03:03 am »
Here are some pics of my baby Zeus

My son ethan and Zeus the day we brought him home

« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 05:05:38 am by Britz »
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Some photos of Zeus are pup
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 05:13:37 am »
THank you julie.. I will  surely be taking some  new ones today.   Me and ethan  have to bath him today  sence  he was rolling around in the dirt and I think  he  found  some  moose poo some where lol so ill take some more photos
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 06:10:38 am »
Oh dear lord he's a cutie.  he sure does look energetic.  you'll get a big kick out of that... one day.  He's got his tail!!!!!  how cool.

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 06:56:25 am »
Yea  hes  got his  tail  we  are  kinda  on a debate on  getting it  docted off..  MY grandfather  who  raised dobbies  said it woudl  probley  be a goo dthing to get done  excpecially with  small kids. Im  going to be talking to the vet on  Thursday about and see what  he thinks sence  Zeus  is  9  weeks ol  *  lol we think *  sence the SPCA  didnt know for  surely  when he was born
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 07:02:26 am »
Yea  hes  got his  tail  we  are  kinda  on a debate on  getting it  docted off..  MY grandfather  who  raised dobbies  said it woudl  probley  be a goo dthing to get done  excpecially with  small kids. Im  going to be talking to the vet on  Thursday about and see what  he thinks sence  Zeus  is  9  weeks ol  *  lol we think *  sence the SPCA  didnt know for  surely  when he was born
your vet will know what to do. with little ones maybe a good idea to have it off when you get him fixed. or are not not getting him fixed?
he looks about 9 weeks old.

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 07:17:24 am »
Yeah  were  going to  get  Him  Neutered, I think It  would  probley  be  good all the way around  to get it  done.. Poor  guy  will have to lose his balls
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline DogGuideDan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Dog Guide
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 07:28:35 am »
Your boy is adorable!! Congratulation s on the new baby! 

I do have to chime in about the docking issue-
While docking during a neuter makes sense in terms of number of surgeries, docking after 7 days of age ( the usual timeframe is 2-3 days) is very strongly discouraged by all responsible veterinarians, breeders and breed-knowledgable people. At 12-14 weeks you are now talking about MAJOR surgery on the SPINAL COLUMN that is now completely formed and functional. Docking at this age or older should ONLY be undertaken if there is an emergency requirement such as a serious traumatic injury to the tail. The benefits are only cosmetic and the price in terms of the puppy's pain, potential nervous system complications are not worth it!

-Dan
Reef- 6yo APBT
Lucian - Dogue De Bordeaux Puppy
www.dogguide.n et

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 07:35:33 am »
Your boy is adorable!! Congratulation s on the new baby! 

I do have to chime in about the docking issue-
While docking during a neuter makes sense in terms of number of surgeries, docking after 7 days of age ( the usual timeframe is 2-3 days) is very strongly discouraged by all responsible veterinarians, breeders and breed-knowledgable people. At 12-14 weeks you are now talking about MAJOR surgery on the SPINAL COLUMN that is now completely formed and functional. Docking at this age or older should ONLY be undertaken if there is an emergency requirement such as a serious traumatic injury to the tail. The benefits are only cosmetic and the price in terms of the puppy's pain, potential nervous system complications are not worth it!

That is  exactly why  we are kinda  debating it sence he isnt a baby  any more and the pain.. I   seriously  dont  mind the tail  growing  up all are dogs had there tails intact. I will say get smaked in the rear  by  are  great  dane I had  growiing up was  a great  spanking lmao
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 07:37:28 am »
Ohhhh, he is absolutely precious and I think that his tail looks adorable on him.  IMHO  

Your son is so cute!  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 09:47:13 am »
Ohhhh, he is absolutely precious and I think that his tail looks adorable on him.  IMHO  

Your son is so cute!  ;D

Thank  you.. I think there both adorable aswell lol I  have a daughter too lol
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 10:20:14 am »
Congrats on your new pup and welcome to the board.  I have to agree with Julie, I have a big soft spot for Rotties.  I love his tail and he is gorgeous.  I know that when I get around to getting my next Rottie boy I will look for a breeder that will leave the tail on.  I just love that look.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 10:22:58 am »

Your son is so cute!  ;D

Thank  you.. I think there both adorable aswell lol I  have a daughter too lol

I can see why!  ;D  They are adorable.  What does your daughter think of Zeus?

Modified to add:  I agree with Kat.  I would love to have a tail-ed Rotti.  They are so cute either way, but now that I've seen that cute little curl that Zeus has.... ;D  ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 10:26:29 am by GoldenPyrs »
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 09:33:03 pm »
What a cutie pie!   

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 10:53:02 pm »

I can see why!  ;D  They are adorable.  What does your daughter think of Zeus?

Modified to add:  I agree with Kat.  I would love to have a tail-ed Rotti.  They are so cute either way, but now that I've seen that cute little curl that Zeus has.... ;D  ;)

LOL my  daughter  has a mind of her own  she likes  him only  from a distance lol  Or if he is sleppin  by her  lol  She hates getting  the kisses that  he is allways  trying to give her lol.

I think we are going to keep the tail  I almost feel  he will look  funny now  sence  we are so use to him  with it
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 11:17:58 pm »
I had to look at these again!  i miss the little Rottie puppy phases.  :)  i love their fuzzy puppy fur and those big ole paws and little everything elses. 
this last pic is great.  aren't they the bigges acrobats ever?  Grace still likes to leap and bounce and twist and turn.