Author Topic: Hick-ups?!  (Read 11583 times)

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
Hick-ups?!
« on: June 12, 2007, 01:12:07 am »
I was wondering if any on elses pup got the hick-ups  lots. Zeus seem  to get them  lots. I  was tryto figure out  if he gets them when he is excited or  scared but he  just seems to get him no matter  what 
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Icerotti

Re: Hick-ups?!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 01:14:20 am »
Farley our Vizsla got the hiccups when he was a puppy alot. He still gets them once and awhile and he is 2 years. He will just be sitting there then all of a sudden he has the hiccups..lol

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 01:20:40 am »
That's the same with Remy, all of a sudden he starts to hiccup. He also gets them when he's really excited, they don't seem to bother him, so I think it's pretty normal.
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 01:23:17 am »
Halley used to get them sometimes when she was a puppy.  I always thought that it was probably a bit like how babies get them more than adults.  Maybe it has to do with an immature digestive system or something.  Does he seem to digest his food ok otherwise?  If he has a lot of gas or diarrhea though maybe his food isn't agreeing with him.  But if all's well other than the hiccups, then it's probably just a "puppy thing".  ;)  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 01:23:49 am »
OH YES!  we got the hickups!!!  this too shall pass. 

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 01:29:45 am »
His  Poos  are not really  runny but  not  hard.. Im  pretty  sure  its normal  poo for  a pup lol  i think me other  two  pups I  raised  kinda h ad the same  poo when little but then  the one was a pom and the other  A husky lol.  As soon as we got him he   had the hickups it was to cute hes little  head  will  bob up and down but  they dont last that  long
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 05:38:10 am »
Merlin is almost 6, and he still gets the hiccops once in awhile. But with a great dane, if you are sitting with him on the couch, the whole thing jiggles. LOL
Stella

lol to funny.
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 06:50:49 am »
Breeze use to get them all the time even in the BPIS ring...lol They seem to have become less frequent over the past 2 weeks.

Offline SirdanceAlot

• Ankle Biter
  • Im to sexy for this floor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 03:49:53 pm »
My Spazz used to hiccup all the time.  It didnt matter if he was excited or calm.  I would look at him wrong and he would start to hiccup.  He doesnt do it as often now.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 02:54:00 am »
Grace was queen of the hiccups.  it was the cutest thing to watch. 

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 03:02:57 am »
lol   .

Zeus is allready starting to hiccup less  but  last night  we were playing fetch and  practicing up are "Drop it"  and "leav it" commands when he got them lol soo i hiccuped * pretended to* and he got all nervouse for me so came and  gave me a bunche of kisses lol
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 01:11:05 am »
I was a little concerned when i first got my pup and she got hiccups all the time (i had never had a pup before aside from when i was young) so i asked the vet. he told me that its normal because they arent quite sure how to stop swollowing air yet. it will happen a lot when they get excited or eat or drink.. most anything. nothing to worry about. i had kind of figured that, but i didnt want there to be something wrong with it and it get ignored. hiccups are really cute though... so are her burps. her face is changing and looking more mature, so her cheeks are starting to droop.. when she burps the air goes into her mouth then you see her lips puff out and flop back down and you hear a sound like "whhhhooooooo"
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 01:19:52 am »
I was a little concerned when i first got my pup and she got hiccups all the time (i had never had a pup before aside from when i was young) so i asked the vet. he told me that its normal because they arent quite sure how to stop swollowing air yet. it will happen a lot when they get excited or eat or drink.. most anything. nothing to worry about. i had kind of figured that, but i didnt want there to be something wrong with it and it get ignored. hiccups are really cute though... so are her burps. her face is changing and looking more mature, so her cheeks are starting to droop.. when she burps the air goes into her mouth then you see her lips puff out and flop back down and you hear a sound like "whhhhooooooo"

hehe  to funny. Yeah  zeus  still gets them alot  its kinda  funny and cute .
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline *Linds*

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 02:26:52 am »
Both my pups got hiccups when they were younger.  I think it's a puppy thing!  It was cute though b/c they seemed so helpless and sad when they had them, lol.  They both have grown out of them!
Emi - 2 1/2 yr. old Beagle/Aussie Cattle Dog mix
Kina - 1 1/2 yr. old Chow Chow/Shepherd mix