Author Topic: PUPPY TIME!!!!!  (Read 6301 times)

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
PUPPY TIME!!!!!
« on: May 14, 2007, 04:46:04 pm »
Hi everyone!!

I havent been on in a while, but I just want to tell you all....I am getting another Saint!! My husband and I just bought our first home together and I convinced him that I want, nay, I NEED another one! Mack needs someone to share his new yard with! Plus, the house is nearly 3000 sq feet, with 5 bedrooms...far too big for one Saint I think :D

So I am in the process of puppy hunting now! The breeder I got Mack from has puppies right now, but by the time we take posession of the home they will be about 4.5 months old....same age Mack was when we got him. I want a "baby" puppy this time I think....Mack came house/leash/basic command trained....whi ch was really awesome....but I feel like I kind of missed out on the baby Saint time you know? I know what I want in a puppy...smooth coat, half mask (they are too cute) but I'm not 100% if I want a male or a female....make s no difference to me really. I want to call the puppy Hank if its a boy or  Sally if its a girl(this is just like a real baby eh...pick out names before its born) I really like the breeder we got Mack from, and they are having 2 litters in the summer so now I play the waiting game!

Anyway, sorry for the ramble but I know how much everyone likes puppies...I will post pics when our new little girl/boy is here!!

When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

EllieAndBlu

Re: PUPPY TIME!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 08:50:09 pm »
That is great news - congratulation s!

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 10:01:57 pm »
Awww, congrats! That's sooooo exciting!!  ;D

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 12:27:29 am »
Such an exciting time for you!  I wish you well in your adoption process.  You know this bunch will want TONS of pics when the little one arrives!
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 10:08:11 pm »
Saint puppies are awesome!!!!!!!  Teddy was 7 wks and 12 lbs when we picked him up (can't even imagine that anymore - LOL!)

How could you want to miss this stuff??
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 10:10:57 pm »
Saint puppies are awesome!!!!!!!  Teddy was 7 wks and 12 lbs when we picked him up (can't even imagine that anymore - LOL!)

How could you want to miss this stuff??

OMG, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh h, he's too adorable for words. That stage definitely doesn't last long enough. Well the cuteness doesn't but all the other stuff does lol.

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 10:41:17 pm »
How exciting! I definitely think you should NOT miss the puppy stuff this time! It's a special thing to have a Saint puppy that is small enough to ride on your lap in the car, or actually fit entirely on your lap while watching TV! It only lasts a few weeks, but it's really special...  Don't forget the pics when you've picked the little bugger out.  ;)
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 08:58:02 am »
yes your conditions sound perfect for a new puppy, im excited for you! the anticipation can drive you nuts cant it? have fun looking, you'll know the perfect one when you see him, that's how it always is!!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline IheartBIGDogs25

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 08:48:04 pm »
LOL We are going through the same thing right now!! We just bought our first house and after we went to our first dog show last year my husband told me "when we buy our first house you can get your Saint Bernard" and darn it I'm holding him to it! We too are playing the waiting game I found a local breeder who is doing her breeding today so we have plenty of time to move in and put our fence up before we get to bring the little puppy home. Oh yeah we have been thinking of names too ;D it's so much fun!