Author Topic: OH Lola! She gave me a heartattack today!  (Read 6378 times)

Lyn

OH Lola! She gave me a heartattack today!
« on: June 19, 2007, 12:07:25 am »
Actually she gave me more than just a heartattack.. I'm about ready to drink myself into a drunken stupor!

We have 2 guys here putting on a steel roof.. well they are loud and they are using saw and drills and banging and clanging. Yesterday she was fine with the noise but today one of the guys dropped something and she freaked and went through.. yes through our chainlink fence! :o My son was outside waiting for the school bus so he ran after her and tried to grab her. First she ran to the neighbors house and tried to get in through their back door. Of course my neighbor is a a-hole and hollered at her to get off his porch. >:( So by the time I caught up to her she was heading on the road right in front of a car. And I panicked, was waving my arms like a lunatic and ran right out in front of the car after her. It was a near miss and we both almost got hit.

LUCKILY the guy wasn't speeding like most people do on our road. He cursed me out and told me I was stupid.. blah blah blah.. yeah I know, but I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I just stood there and watched her get hit. Although at the same time that could have ended horribly. I'm still shaking and vibrating. AHHHHH Lola... :(

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: OH Lola! She gave me a heartattack today!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 12:23:47 am »
poor Lola, she was prabibly terrified to death! something jumped off the roof to attack her!
we have nasty neighbors too so i know how much of a pain that can be. hopefully the fence isnt too hard to repair...have a good 'rest of the day.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 12:31:18 am »
Wow what a morning,glad you are both okay!!!!
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 12:33:25 am »
Poor  lola and  poor you..   Im gal dyou guys are both ok I could  just imagine  what a heart attack  that  would be
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 12:40:15 am »
OMG Lyn, I am so glad you and Lola are okay! Reading that almost gave ME a heart attack! I hope your nerves have calmed back down.

Lyn

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 12:43:42 am »
LOL, Liz yeah he probably is telling anyone and everyone. hahaah

We fixed the fence, but she broke the ties that attach the fencing to the top bar. I know we have extras but they are buried in the garage somewhere.

I think I will call the vet and see if they can give me something.. anything. She still pacing and panting and freaking out a bit. :( She still won't go to the bathroom, she's been holding it all day. This happened at 7am..

They have both apologied a kagillion times for what happened.. I know he didn't do it on purpose. Lola is just realllllllllly sensitive. Now when I bring Lola outside to try and get her to pee, they stop working until we go back inside. I'm still super paranoid though.. so I've been putting her on leash when we go out, just in case. I don't need a repeat of this morning. There is a ton more traffic now.

The roof will be finished tomorrow.. so just one more day.. *sigh*

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 01:59:56 am »
What an awful way to start the day. I am glad you are both ok. Hopefully tomorrow flies by and Lola can get back to normal.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 02:02:06 am »
hang in there you two, i feel so bad for you guys...
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 04:13:18 am »
Hopefully you've had an uneventful day since then. That's pretty nerve-wracking and I bet traumatic for Lola. Anytime they come close to getting run over, it's a stressful feeling. Rosie managed to cross a very busy road once and was so fortunate that construction was forcing everyone to drive slowly. Otherwise, I'm convinced we would have lost her.
Rosie - Newfoundland