Author Topic: More Home Remedies  (Read 11903 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
More Home Remedies
« on: June 19, 2007, 07:22:54 am »
1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The solvent dissolves adhesive.

2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean.  The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.

3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.

4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.

5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.

6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.

7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.

8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spray bees or wasps to kill them.

9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze for a slushy, refreshable ice pack for aches, pain or black eyes.

10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply
the tincture to aches and pains.

11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.

12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.

13. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.

14. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.

15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: More Home Remedies
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 07:30:03 am »
that's what i'll tell my cleaning freak MIL if she finds that in my house "well i thought you knew all the good cleaning secrets" :P
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 07:31:07 am »
I have an alternative to #1 - Drink the vodka then remove the bandage  ;) Wow who knew vodka was so amazing around the house!

Hahaha good save with the MIL  ;)
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 07:36:44 am »
Why do you think people in Russia are so happy? Everything is solved with vodka!!! First hand witness  ;)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 07:55:23 am »
LOL  So i  will just  use the excuse that its  acleaner next time  we run to the liquor store lol
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 08:02:18 am »
Why do you think people in Russia are so happy? Everything is solved with vodka!!! First hand witness  ;)

yes vodka does solve problems, but i can never remember how....
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 11:49:00 am »
5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.

I am betting this wouldn't be a good one to try for cleaning up party fouls while hungover. ;) :D

Ahhhhh Jenn, I really hope that you're reminicing (sp?) about the past!!!  If not, I will call in the reinforcements and we will have a chat young lady!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline DoDadsandDanes

• Ankle Biter
  • every time a bell rings, an angels gets its wings
    • View Profile
    • MySpace.com/dodadsandchotskiestuff
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 11:29:14 pm »
16.  Drink vodka daily (and nightly) and you won't even notice all of the above.

Deep thoughts, by Julie

+
I wonder if my nightly indulgence would clean any more or any faster with the added caffeine..
Lisa
Maggie 11 mo Dane
Faye 3 mo Dane
Disclaimer: If this post includes anything resembling advice, please note that it most likely has been borrowed from someone more knowledgeable than myself..

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 01:20:27 am »
Hmmm, good question!  The great news is that by indulging nightly, you have less germs in your mouth, throat, esophagus and stomach.

HAHHA!
Does that mean I don't even need to brush my teeth? LOL
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline DoDadsandDanes

• Ankle Biter
  • every time a bell rings, an angels gets its wings
    • View Profile
    • MySpace.com/dodadsandchotskiestuff
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 02:14:58 am »
Hmmm, good question!  The great news is that by indulging nightly, you have less germs in your mouth, throat, esophagus and stomach.

HAHHA!
Does that mean I don't even need to brush my teeth? LOL
Dont tell my kids that.. :)
Lisa
Maggie 11 mo Dane
Faye 3 mo Dane
Disclaimer: If this post includes anything resembling advice, please note that it most likely has been borrowed from someone more knowledgeable than myself..