Author Topic: Hi! I'm new!  (Read 3622 times)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Hi! I'm new!
« on: June 20, 2007, 02:26:47 am »
Hello Big Paw People! I just joined this forum yesterday and I have really been diggin' it. I'm a stay at home mom in St. Pete Florida, and I have 4 human kids - two almost 8 year olds, one almost 4 year old and a 17 month old. In additon to those guys, I have a 10 year old brindle greyhound. We rescued him not only from the SPCA and a brutal life of racing, but from the ridiculous name "JR's Rooster". We call him Niko, which actually means "cat" in Japanese (don't ask) and that started a Japanese naming trend for all pets to come. About three years ago, a friend of our brought us this silly looking 6 month old puppy - brindle with one blue eye and one brown eye. She found him on the side of the highway. I'm a sucker for brindles, and so she joined us and goes by the moniker "Tani" (rhymes with Bonnie) which means "sweetheart" and "bull that charges randomly". Tani appears to be part aussie and part, uh, we're guessing boxer? She has turned out to be the most amazing awesomely smart super sweet family dog ever on the whole face of the earth. We got so lucky! With Niko's advanced age and failing health, and subsequent lack of interest in anything other than eating and sleeping, poor Tani was bored and restless. What could we do? Get a puppy, of course!! Koji (means "abundance" as in "of dogs, of children, whatever...) is now 12 weeks old. His mom is an aussie and his dad is a berner. Koji is all black with a little patch of white studly chest hair. He's so sweet, and he and Tani have turned out to be great friends already. Although, he likes to hump her head, which I find disturbing, since it's his sister and all. My husband reminds me, though, that he doesn't know it's his sister. Still - eeew. Last but not least, we have a three year old sleek and sexy black cat who doesn't listen to the name Kenji which means "second son" (since we got him after we got Niko). Kenji tolerates the dogs quite well, and seems to prefer them to the kittens I foster for a local rescue. Anyway, if you've read this far, thanks for staying interested in my rambling and feel free to contact me if you want to chat! I'm surrounded by animals and kids all day, so the occasional adult conversation, even if it's in text, is very welcome!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
Re: Hi! I'm new!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 02:55:57 am »
Welcome to BPO, My name is Britainy im a SAHM to to 2 human  kiddo's Ethan  (3yrs) and Kiera 1(yr) and Zeus are  (10 week Rotti)
You will love it here I  only  joined a week or so ago and am allready addicted
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 03:29:54 am »
Welcome to the board! Your menagerie sounds very entertaining! I'm Caitlin, mom to Remy a 13wk GSD, and for the most part you can find adult conversations here, but at time we all can digress  ;) ;D
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline DoDadsandDanes

• Ankle Biter
  • every time a bell rings, an angels gets its wings
    • View Profile
    • MySpace.com/dodadsandchotskiestuff
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 03:36:06 am »
Hi Ali.....
I for one can relate to your 'stay at home mom' -feelings- for lack of a better word.. Im Lisa and I have seven kids from 6-17 (3 girls and 4 boys-I also have a set of twins b/g) Two Great Danes, Maggie 11 mo and Faye 3mo..and a wonderful husband....
You certainly sound like you have your hands full too..
You will meet lots of very knowledgeable, interesting and funny people here..Im sure you will get addicted ...have fun
Lisa
Maggie 11 mo Dane
Faye 3 mo Dane
Disclaimer: If this post includes anything resembling advice, please note that it most likely has been borrowed from someone more knowledgeable than myself..

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 11:43:54 am »
Welcome!  I'm mom to 3 boys, Daisy our Golden mix, Sammy our Pyr, and Cassie our mostly-Pyr + a little somethin' extra  ;D and our kitties.  Everyone says that BPO is addictive, and they're so right!  I'm glad that you found us.   ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

k2campbell

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 11:47:15 am »
Welcome to BPO - I hope you'll like it here  ;)

I'm Kelly from Canada, I'm owned by a 1.5 year-old Leonberger girl, Kate. Oh - and I'm expecting my 1st baby (as you can see by my picture) next week! ;D

Niko is a cutie  ;)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 07:52:57 am »
welcome to bpo im a stay at home mom too and this site has saved me from screaming and pulling out my hair a fiew times already! you can count on good advice and honest opinions here.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown